Buy my account?

Fayevalentine

Bebop Passenger
I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in buying my account? I've gotten extremely busy and I'm starting my masters program soon, and really I hate it over at Wiz...

Anyone interested?

Not everyone will know what you have Faye. Crafts & Jobs I mean.

Right right...

75 mnk sub war nin
75 blm sub whm rdm

100+3 bonecrafting sub cloth wood smith alch leather

2.2m Gil

Items of note:

Herald's gaiters
Kirin's Osode
Byakko's Haidate
Genie Weskit (signed by me)
Full AF2 for mnk and blm
Black Belt
SH+1 (signed by me)

A lot of other stuff as well, maybe I should make a SS of it all.

I'm thinking you should maybe hand over some of the signed gear to a friend that would care in trade for non-signed versions.

Same with the Gaiters, those are hard to come by. (not that I need them, just saying.)

Damn have I thought about doing this as well. Starting my masters in August as well. I would say do the SS route, unless you dont want to display everything you have, then just show people in PM or something.

If anyone outright "sells" there stuff for 'cash', it would be best to do it with someone you know. I checked out "EGS" and people are selling gaiters alone for ~$300. The account itself without the gaiters, judging by other posts over there looks to be worth $250-$400. Gil appears to be worth about $20-25/mil. The value of the account goes up or down with the amount of items that could be turned in to liquid gil (Non Rare/Ex). If you've got a token registered with the account with an SE account, that could be tricky.

Personally, I think it is better to keep your accounts rather than just sell them off.

EDIT: And lol if you have a K-Club... ~$1100, jesus christ... lol.

Plus, consider you're doing this at a rather bad time with all the FFXIV news coming out.

Yeah well, I put up that post about the 300 dollar heralds that youre probably referring to, someone already PMed me about it aha...I think I would rather keep my account if I could sell my gaiters, just deactivate it or something.

The MiddleMan service seems like a good route to go with, I read a few stickys that talked about how to help you discern a non scammer. But really...who would I know that would want to pay 300 bucks for herald's gaiters?

Let's see.. (I wouldn't pay cash for anything, but playing devil's advocate here.)...

23 months of FFXI = $300 ~

6 years of playing and being on the waiting list, or never fighting Tiamat/having bad luck with drops = $2038

HAH I know it's not equal but..hey I got a lot out of playing, it's not all about the money.

Does anyone want to trade a signed Genie weskit or SH+1 for a unsigned one?

I was just looking at my play time, which is almost at 1 year....so if you just look at it like that, its more like I spent

$15 x 12 = 180 life dollars of my on ffxi...the rest was just a waste :/

My buddy at work just sold his 75 WAR/COR/BLM with Ancient Torque, Valhalla Breastplate, 2 100 crafts, about about 20 mil worth of other shit for $800, not sure where he did it though, wasn't thinking it was EGS. Wherever it was, they basically price your gear on the amount of gil its worth and immediately liquidate it. I can find out who it was tomorrow if you're interested, he did say it was someone he trusts.

Around the time I sold my account, someone else on Valefor that I knew was selling their account with a Kraken Club as well. He told me he got $1800 for the account, it had lots of jobs but no gear other than the kraken club.

edit: btw that's cool that you're going into a master's program. I'm finishing mine up soon, still trying to decide whether or not to take the phd leap

edit 2: I just realized you never said you had a k. club in the first place. Not sure what Aang was talking about lol :(

Damn I knew I should have sold my Strider Boots instead of giving them to Arch!.. heh j/k

I looked into selling my FFXI account/characters... but everywhere I looked, did not look legit..

looked at Gamepal.. checked out the BB info on them.. they are rated as an F with over 140 complaints! some of them were not ever resolved!

I am still interested in selling my account but to who.. I have no idea.. any ideas I'd gladly take them.

Damn I knew I should have sold my Strider Boots instead of giving them to Arch!.. heh j/k

I looked into selling my FFXI account/characters... but everywhere I looked, did not look legit..

looked at Gamepal.. checked out the BB info on them.. they are rated as an F with over 140 complaints! some of them were not ever resolved!

I am still interested in selling my account but to who.. I have no idea.. any ideas I'd gladly take them.

I used egamingsupply or something, I don't remember but I'm pretty sure that's what it was. It's basically just a forum. If you go through a company you get screwed because they give you bottom dollar, it's like selling your car to a dealership, they can't pay you a good price because then they wouldn't make any money reselling it.

EGS has a middleman service where the guy running the forum takes your account and then checks it, tells the buyer it is what it is, and then the buyer sends the money directly to you via western union (can't dispute a western union transaction). Some small fee goes to the middleman. Still relies on you trusting the middleman, but afaik he's never screwed anyone, and has obviously had lots of opportunities. Makes more sense for him to be honest, otherwise word gets around and he doesn't make anything.

Back