best buy

Koul

nyquil zombie
FC/Active Member
anyone have any experience working there?

I'd just be a mindless associate soo yeah.

If experience as a customer is an indication, your pay hinges on asking people 50 gazillion times if they want the "service plan" until they break down and say yes. Then you do that again to the next customer. When I bought my PS3 there I had (seriously) no less than 4 staff members "helping" me with the terms of the amazing service package until I flat out told them they could either sell me the PS3 or I'd go somewhere else and buy it. <.> But maybe it's not the same everywhere, Iunno...

-benny

mabye not then.

I hate doing that to customers.

they never did it to me though... they just told me I was eligible for 6 free magazine issues. luckily I knew their fucktard game and refused.

best buy is the anti-christ. If you worked there I would have to destroy you.

Best Buy sold me my (old, but still pretty new) PC, for exactly $1337. I took it as a sign. Not sure what it was a sign of, though.

Then I never went back.

Well, okay, I went back to buy a graphics card, but only once.

If that PC doesn't have a fucking cupholder or an asswiper, I don't think i'd go back either.

I know the software Dept manager at the Best Buy close to here( he shops here ironically) and he seems like a nice guy. Guess like any job it depends on the people that also work there. Can make any job fun.

I end up buying a fair amount of stuff at Best Buy. Some people there tend to be nice, so hopefully you can be one of those. One of the associates was a FFXI player (first I've met in RL), and another few have been somewhat knowledgeable about anime and such.

The only bad things I've run into have been listed already: the service plan pushing, and the magazine subscriptions. The magazines are the ones that really get to me, because they're offered every single time I buy anything. There needs to be an opt-out plan or something. >_<

I know some people have had horrible experiences at BB, but aside from the two annoyances, I've generally had good results there. Try to be helpful, try not to be overbearing, accept no for an answer, and hopefully you can be one of the good employees.

If that PC doesn't have a fucking cupholder or an asswiper, I don't think i'd go back either.

I'd have paid more than $2500 for the exact same model in Norway at the time. It seemed cheap. D:

I wish I was a teacher.

but naw. I got fired from boeing because they're stupid. I accidentally broke a government part and since I was a contractor, they hadda fire me. Even though my manager refused... damn higher ups.

So. Yeah. /wrists.

Damn, Boeing. Doing what?

Ideally would like to get a job there. Every day I passed the headquarters in downtown Chicago, and just wished to be in there ; ;

I think our Boeing workers (here in Wichita) are striking at the moment too... or maybe that's Beech... or someone. Who knows... A friend of mine works at Spirit Aerosystems (contractor to most the big companies, especially Boeing) and with them on strike, they're reduced down to 3 day work weeks---and 3 day work PAY. :( Full of fail.

it wasn't anything impressive.

I worked in the warehouse, heh.

and yeah, people at the Seattle plant are striking, I know that.

I would try and stay out of aerospace though, it's a horrible business. but the pay is good if you don't care. at this point, I don't care lol. I just needa job =\

Back