Belated Goodbye Thread, and WoW

Fiko

Fikowned
FC/Active Member
As many of you may know by now, I have quit FFXI and given my character to Sarahlynn. Old news.. never really made a goodbye thread. Good bye? lol.

Okay I'll explain the reasons. I lost interest. I thought a break or two would make the game more enjoyable when I came back, but it didn't. In fact, I enjoyed it even less each time. So, in the end, I thought Sarah could put better use to my character than I can as of late, so I gave it to her.

I hate making these posts..

Now that I have my WoW account back however.. (long story - if you're interested I'll tell it, if not you're spared) I know some forum lurkers here play WoW and I'm curious as to what server/realm everyone plays on. I have characters scattered around different servers and well, I chose them based on where my friends were playing.. and they have all since moved servers or quit entirely..

Obviously I prefer to be on a server where there are people I know, so feedback is appreciated.. unless you don't like me.. lol. That's understandable as well. If all else fails, I'll just join the server that some people at work happen to be on (i was bribed with an offer of 200 gold which is a pretty awesome deal to a nub like me).

And with that, I miss you guys but alas, everything must come to an end.

Also, general question - is the new expansion(lich king) worth buying at this point? or should it wait until I get to a certain level?

I play/played on shadowmoon, but i don't play much anymore. 80 druid/dk/shaman. You can't use the xpac until lvl 68, so if you're under that you don't need it. If you're 68+ get it right away. You get bonus xp for lvling out there, plus quests give alot more gold. I finished off with around 180000gil ( 1st to make mechohogs and epic guns), so making gil is stupid easy now.

So Sarah is still playing?

Good luck man! Keep in touch. :shades02:

I'm on Gul'dan PVP Server it's a low pop server and no it's not worth getting wrath till lvl 70

Later man, see you soon!

Later man, see you soon!

lol. who knows... new PC makes me very curious as to how I could run certain games..

and Sarah doesn't play? (FFXI i mean) hmm, haven't really talked to her since though.

bleh.

and yeah thanks for the heads up on lich king, it's kind of what I figured.

80 warrior on staghelm, mostly doing pvp, will start tanking raids once dual spec is available (screw you 50gold respecs 2x a day).

Also have a 64 healadin on arygos, i don't play much tho. Only so much of the same one can do before one gets bored. o_O

As was said, once you reach 68 gtfo of outlands and fly to northrend, the greens from the first few quests will give you a tremendous boost. At least it did for my cow-y warrior

Ironically, WoW gets old way faster than FFXI does, even though it's a superior game. I'm not sure if that even makes sense, but that's how I felt about it. WotLK adds some new flashies and shinies to the game, makes it look appealing to come back on the surface, but after a while you realize it doesn't really offer the fundamental changes needed to make the game appealing in the long term. Save your time and money IMO, just wait for Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3. In the meantime play PS3 or Xbox 360 if you have one, or just get out and live a little before Startcraft 2 / Diablo III come out and you have to confine yourself to the basement for another 3 years straight rubbing cheetos all over your chest and eating spaghetti with your hands.

Ironically, WoW gets old way faster than FFXI does, even though it's a superior game. I'm not sure if that even makes sense, but that's how I felt about it. WotLK adds some new flashies and shinies to the game, makes it look appealing to come back on the surface, but after a while you realize it doesn't really offer the fundamental changes needed to make the game appealing in the long term. Save your time and money IMO, just wait for Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3. In the meantime play PS3 or Xbox 360 if you have one, or just get out and live a little before Startcraft 2 / Diablo III come out and you have to confine yourself to the basement for another 3 years straight rubbing cheetos all over your chest and eating spaghetti with your hands.

Hmm I want SC 2 and DIII ><

Been playing RE5 online with a buddy non stop the game is epic

yeah my room mate's friend brought RE5 over...

drooooool

but I still have so many games I haven't beaten yet... GTA 4.. fallout 3.. the new banjo game.. tales of vesperia.. bleh..

Back