Ballista, anyone interested?

Archain

Kitteh Paws
I guess I'm gonna have to give Ballista a try this weekend, I finally got my license. I've not had a chance to do it yet, so I guess it's time to get annihilated, lol.

I might plan on doing the 3:45PM or 5:40PM EST matches on Saturday (60 cap). Anyone else into giving this a shot? These actually have a point system that was just introduced and new titles that are given according to the finishing position. I didn't know if anyone else was interested, but I figured I'd post a link I use to check the event times.

http://www.cyberseth.com/ballistamate.html

i'd come ruin all your shit but alas work

Damn, this is a ton of fun...if you've never given it a shot I'd suggest you try it out. You really do see how nasty some of the other players moves are. BLMs and RDMs scare the crap out of me. RNG/WHM doing Diaga --> Sidewinder pretty much ensures a landed WS, lol. SA strikes through shadows, etc.

Next match (set of 3) in a good timeslot for uncapped looks like Thursday, 24 March. I particularly like the uncapped ones because you don't have to go out and switch your armor or grab crap from a mule. If you don't have a license and want to come, just make sure you pick it up before Thursday. When you complete one match you'll be able to teleport to a future battlefield anytime you want to play again, you'll also get a warp home from the Herald when you finish if you want.

EST times below - Thursday's Uncapped matches
Match: 3/24 7:36PM - Jugner Forest (Normal items can be used, 1 match) - DoW = Lightningday for this match (Increased stun power?)

Match: 3/24 9:31PM - Pashow Marshland (Only /quarried items can be used, 1 match) - DoW = Darksday for this match (Increased Drain/Aspir Power?)

Match: 3/24 11:26PM - Meriphataud Mountains (Normal items can be used, 3 short matches) - DoW = Earthday for these 3 short matches

If you've got /equip swap macros, change them so you swap nothing except ammunition. If you swap equipment in Ballista you are stunned for a short time (10 sec?)

Guillotine has a nasty silence effect that prevents bringing up shadows too, lol. It's horribly deadly in areas like Pashow where echo drops cannot be used unless you received one from /quarry.
Bloody Bolts

Watch out for Arien as SAM/RNG, he's a monster. Hail is damn good too, that guy does what he needs to do and gets out before you can do much to him. There's really no point in me going after PLDs, they're built like brick walls and like to hit me with the shield they carry =/.

Last edited:
thursday..i'm off. if nothing productive is going on i think i'll come show you all how to play

oi baiagura is the nice guy that gave me back my 3mil from my auction house accident

Remind me in game to gogogogogooggo and I'll show up, Ballista is fun if people go lol

Aye, I was the target of DRK powered Drains too, those hurt like hell =(.

Look at the screenshot above. The DRK's drain was 8 less than my WS, lol.

lol the first time i did ballista i only tossed in one petra at a time -_-;;

I'm definitely in, haven't done an uncapped one yet; only the gimpy level 30 and 40 caps as I got my RNG to the respective level. Earlier level caps aren't so friendly to BLM ;_; The Normal-Items-Allowed matches bug me too, because everyone uses poison potions, and that really hinders a BLM's otherwise-impenetrable strategy ~_^

I would definitely like to attend, however. Please remind me as the time approaches so I dont forget lol

I forgot to go! =(

I'll be there later ;;

3 More uncapped coming up tonight, if you're interested.

12/25 - 12/26 Jugner Forest
Level Cap - None (Normal Items usable - 1HR match)
Entry: 3/25 11:55PM
Match: 3/26 12:24AM
DoW - Windsday

12/27 - 12/28
Pashhow Marshland
Level Cap - None (Normal Items restricted - 1HR match)
Entry: 3/26 1:50AM
Match: 3/26 2:19AM
DoW - Lightningday

12/29 - 12/30
Meriphataud Mountains
Level Cap - None (Normal Items usable - 3 short matches, 1 HR)
Entry: 3/26 3:45AM
Match: 3/26 4:14AM
DoW - Darksday

Current DoW trend only allows 4 DoW during the current uncapped Ballista schedule.

Darksday, Windsday, Lightningsday, and Earthday.

I'm getting my op hat later but if I'm done I'll go and get destroyed some more.

Thanks for the info Archain, this was a ton of fun to compete in yesterday :)

I myself got a few Chevrons; MVP Black Mage, MVP for Jugner Forest, thus obtaining the Silver Chevron for being in the top three for Jugner Forest (just above our friend Darkrain ^^)

I found some interesting strategies yesterday that I'm sure to use in the upcoming fights... Keep us updated Archain as having the LS do Ballista every once in a while sounds like a great idea! Tons of fun :0

hmm tonights ballista was definitely one of the best ones. managed to score 25 petras. woulda been 29 if i didnt get ganged up on in the end ; ; 19vs 20 was definitely chaotic lol wish we get more matches like that

Back