Back-logging Weekly Clears

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Sometimes, real life or a bad static will push your weekly raids out of schedule for that week. Or sometimes you just don’t want to try PF E4S on Monday night, or settle for a 0 chest because you must clear it that week or lose the chance before reset.

This would not be a problem if raid resets had one week grace period. It means you can earn rewards for raid lockouts you missed for a week past, including Eden normal and Eden savage. So you can compensate for a missed week.

The reasoning behind this is, unlike earning phantasm tomes, raiding is inherently a much more time consuming and even time slot limited activity. Long wait times even for Eden normal if you are late to that week’s party and everyone has cleared already. Long wait times even for weekly groups if you don’t form them during PF prime time.

I’ve also had static members be so afraid of PF that they’d rather miss a week than try to scrape a PF group on Monday night, or have to “share” loot with PF people. They see it as not worth the time and organization, hardly different from a 1 or 0 chest.

This would all not be a problem if they can simply say “we’ll just wait until next reset night and run it double”. Furthermore, allowing people to “store an extra charge” of raid reward allows people to sometimes use the second charge used “help” groups, as helpers, but without reducing their chests.

I also believe that sometimes, double reward charges can be psychologically satisfying, while many of the scenarios I described without is the opposite.

So just one idea to improve on the raiding experience, and the 2-chest system plus meme-level PF experience this expansion.

Continue reading...

Back