Aymeric's Promise (spoilers For Hw Patch 3.3)

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
*correction spoilers for patch 3.4!*

I really like Ser Aymeric, so naturally the idea of a celebratory dinner was welcome to me. I admit I was surprised it was a dinner for two--I thought maybe the other Scions would be there or Lucia. The decor and lighting were quite romantic, I must say.

I've seen some debate about whether it was a "date". I think you are likely meant to interpret this scene as entirely a dinner of friendship, but I think it's pretty obvious the devs made it possible for you to interpret it as romantic as well. Consider the fact that the dinner gets interrupted *right* when Aymeric asks a "personal" question. The way Blake Ritson performs those lines too--like he coated them with hot chocolate. It's easy to let the imagination run wild about where that conversation would have gone.

Bottom line: I think the scene isn't necessarily romantic, but it was framed in such a way to make that interpretation plausible.

**side note: I did some digging, but I couldn't find anything obvious turn up--were there any big localization differences in this scene? I'm just curious after all the major Haurchefant edits from the 2.0 patches.

submitted by /u/mouse_marple
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back