Ast Card Variety And Possible Card Upgrades

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I don't think it needs to be said I'm not the only one who thinks every card being a "mini-balance" is dull, and I initially thought of a few new things they could do that goes as close to the lore as possible:

Bole (the tree): Basically gives the target 5 stacks of Bole, lasting up to 15 seconds, that consumes a stack to reflect an incoming attack*.
Arrow (the arrow): In addition to returning the attack/spell speed buff, adds an extra effect to attacks* that will inflict a 5% physical vunerability up debuff that stacks up to 5 times (2 times on bosses), both effects lasting 15 seconds.
Spire (the sun?): Absorbs damage equal to 10% of the target's HP (if Nocturnal) or grants a 80 potency HoT (if Diurnal) for 15 seconds. If the effect expires in any way, adds 2% damage buff to all nearby allies, lasting 5 seconds.
Ewer (the pool?): Adds a 15-second buff that makes attacks* inflict a 5% magical vunerability up debuff that stacks up to 5 times (2 times on bosses), lasting 15 seconds. When it expires, spreads to all nearby allies that regenerates MP at 20 potency, lasting 9 seconds.
Balance (the gear): +5% Damage/Healing Up buff and a +5% damage recieved debuff that rotates to a random ally every 4 seconds, lasting a total of 20 seconds.
Spear (the flake): +10% direct hit chance buff and direct hits additionally reset the duration, lasting 15 seconds initially and cannot last more than 45 seconds total.

*DoT effects do not count as "attacks"

On a personal note, the seals not being added out of combat makes sense but these cards could, at the very least, switch things up while still providing rDPS in some capacity.

Continue reading...

Back