Tanks obviously can survive most everything but their damage can slow them. Dps can nuke everything but may not be sturdy enough for some Fates and dps that have long cast times or have to build resources can feel god awful if anyone else is there as Fates are.. frankly just not at all well designed to handle more than a couple people doing them at one time.
For those of you with multiple Lv100 jobs to pick from and who do Fates often; which ones do you find yourself defaulting to? Myself I've found Tanks on any "collect x to turn in" Fate, Sam/Blm/Rpr on any Boss fate and Machinist for basically everything else seems to work the best in DT zones. That did shift around a bit as I geared up though, Machinist really took over once I had the gear to nuke stuff rapidly. Bluemage is also largely unmatched in level 80 areas.
I would like to see Evercold reassess how Fates are designed though. mostly I'd like them to find some solution for heavily populated Fates to not feel so awful to do. The worst are the collection Fates where you can drop multiple aoe's but still get barely anything as everything's dying so fast it just doesn't count your contribution.
Continue reading...
For those of you with multiple Lv100 jobs to pick from and who do Fates often; which ones do you find yourself defaulting to? Myself I've found Tanks on any "collect x to turn in" Fate, Sam/Blm/Rpr on any Boss fate and Machinist for basically everything else seems to work the best in DT zones. That did shift around a bit as I geared up though, Machinist really took over once I had the gear to nuke stuff rapidly. Bluemage is also largely unmatched in level 80 areas.
I would like to see Evercold reassess how Fates are designed though. mostly I'd like them to find some solution for heavily populated Fates to not feel so awful to do. The worst are the collection Fates where you can drop multiple aoe's but still get barely anything as everything's dying so fast it just doesn't count your contribution.
Continue reading...