Ark Angel BC 8:00pm EST June 13

Falkieri

Gone and back again.. and again..
FC/Active Member
Planning on doing a DM run for anyone who needs it.

Sign up if you need to do this, or want to help with it. We'll determine party structure and kiters etc. later.

Last edited:
signing up for Urod. friend of mine. (rng)

Last edited:
I can help if you need it, this is one of the most enjoyable fights in the game, up there with (in my mind) Bahamut2, Tenzen, and (if only it weren't shitty 60 cap) the airship BC.

-benny

I wanna come if I could. 75 whm, or rdm

Stel signing up for Kyamil, 75 NIN 68 BRD.
Also signing up for help as brd/pld/sam. Have experience kiting Elvaan.

I can help with this. This BC is one of my favorite.

You can count me in as THF as i can pretty much solo any of them, their acc. is real shitty lol

I need this!! I've had my pentasphere for over a year now =\

My g/f is in town that week, so I most likely won't be playing at all, but my roommate Rikester will take over for me on my character.

75 WHM / THF / NIN, whichever is more needed.

I'm in as Rng or War. Which ever is needed. Though i'd rather loose the exp on war. Do we need a few more Pop items? or how many do we have?

I know of 1, maybe 2 inside the shell. So if you need ZM14 and can get a pop item, please do. Illuminink is fairly easy to farm, and transferring to a Ark Pentasphere just takes patience. The more the better to ensure safety, but as I see it, if everyone listens, pays attention and does their job, we will only need one.

*Edit: also signing up Rebourne pld or nin for this fight, until his lazy ass re-registers to the forum.

Is there a good basic strategy for this. I've heard everything from an elaborate kiting strategy, to everyone just dog pile 1 or 2 and kill it. then reraise in a safe place the finish off the other 3.

If you have the Ink and need the Pentasphere, the next Full moon is Friday 9th from 3 - 8 central and then again on the Tuesday 13th from 12am - 5am.

from what i see we have these jobs signed up:
MNK: 3
WHM: 2
BLM: 1
NIN: 1
PLD: 2
THF: 2
WAR: 1
????: 4
Total: 16

I took the liberty of deciding the jobs for people with multiple jobs. Do we need more BLMs?

Last edited:
Falk - MNK
Urod - RNG
Curaga - WHM
Deretic - MNK
Benny - BLM
Genno - WHM
Faye - MNK
Davex - RDM
Kyamil - NIN
Stel - PLD
Neodragon - WAR
Cujo - THF
Nekio - THF
Shadowedge - WHM
Apollyon - RNG
Rebourne - PLD
Sylphiel - BRD
Alienmonkey - BRD

If you find out that you can't make it to this please let us know ASAP so I can try and get a sub to come and take your spot. Also, please be at the entrance to sky by 8pm EST so we can get this over and done with as quickly as possible (couple people need to log early due to work the next morning).

Strategy -
Sleep TP prior to entry, buff up, rest and enter.
Rebourne runs to center and gets hate from all (voke TT)
Stel grabs EV and kites with RDM
Cujo grabs HM, solo's away from the rest of the group
Kyamil and Alienmonkey takes GK to the top of the staircase and keeps him there, (Away from mages) Alien keeps pet slept
Nekio grabs MR and takes back to the shimmering circle (Benny keeps pet slept and also sleeps Nekio if charmed, bind/sleep MR if possible at that point)

After all the tanks have grabbed their mob, all melee gang up on TT and kill him as quickly as possible. When TT is dead we move to MR, then GK, and then MR and GKs pets. Now things get difficult because we don't have much in the way of ranged attackers or BLM's so... We'll pull HM to the center, barfire up, and kill as quickly as possible (TP wings, 2hrs, whatever you have to kill him quick). Well rest up after this if needed, and hopefully Stel and his RDM will still be fine MP wise. Finally we'll pull EV to the center and watch Stel die to a 4000 damage Spirits Within ^.^

Now if you don't think that strat will work, feel free to toss up some suggestions. That's pretty much the way I did it my first go around and it worked quite well.

Items to bring - Poison Pots, echo drops, Reraiser of some sort, TP wing, Food & drinks, Opo-opo necklace and sleep pots, regen drinks wouldn't hurt the melee and blink tanks, basically anything you can afford that will help us all out. Might think about bringing your own warp too, seeing as we only have a single BLM.

AA abilites:

1. Ark Angel TT (DRK/BLM)
Specials:
Amon-Drive - area damage + Paralyze + Petrify
Manafont
Bloodweapon
Note: attacks in this order Magic > WS > teleport

2. Ark Angel MR (BST/THF)
Specials:
Havoc-Spiral - area damage + Gravity + Sleep
Perfect Dodge
Charm
Resist-Gravity
Note: Does Perfect Dodge at low HP; can be gravitied, high evasion.

3. Ark Angel GK (SAM/DRG)
Specials: Jump - ranged damage + Bind + Blind
Call Wyvern
Meikyo Shisui
Note: Wyvern sleepable, 2hr blinkable.

4. Ark Angel EV (PLD/WHM)
Specials:
Dominion-Slash - area damage + Silence
Shield Strike - Stun + hate reset
Resist sleep
Invincible
Benediction
Note: Uses Spirits Within can be binded/gravitied, do not fight directly.

5. Ark Angel HM (WAR/NIN)
Specials: Cross-Reaver - area damage + Stun
Double attack
Resist Bind
Mighty Strikes
Mijin Gakure
Note: At 50% HP or less, tends to use Mijin Gakure.

Party Configuration:
PT1 - Curaga, Benny, Sylphiel, Nekio, Rebourne, Genno
PT2 - Alienmonkey, Kyamil, Davex, Stelawhatzit, Shadowedge, Cujo
PT3 - Falk, Deretic, Neodragon, Urod, Apollyonzorz, Fayevalentine

ALL Melee sub /NIN. The less WHM's have to cure you, the better off we are.

Last edited:
I'd like to re-itterate Reraise Items, nothing sucks worse the sucking 150 MP outta a mage to raise your ass up during a BC. Also for those who care, and are getting your Turban soon, you get a rare/ex item that restores HP and MP for every 100 or so bronze pieces you trade in. (non-stackable)

Can't wait!

Back