Archain

Kenshinth

Uber War
vistabeta2.jpg

Vista Beta 2 O.O

nice, i thought that was just a nice looking windowblinds skin
but what i'm REALLY looking forward to is the 3d interface. It'd be nice to see my stupid expensive graphics card put to use more often than when i play oblivion or F.E.A.R

lol cant sign up anymore u can download it from various pirate sites but thats about it still the aero effect is the glass transperant effect is uber

also beta2 is build 5384.4

Last edited:
Are most of the bugs from Beta 1 fixed? I installed Vista beta 1 (I do have access to the betas legally) but didn't like how nothing would really work.

lol yea alot of bugs from beta 1 have been fixed but some new ones have appeared..... go figure its MS

you can get the same look on windows XP using windowblinds. Not impressed. I SERIOUSLY want to see an example of the 3d interface they plan on implementing in the full version.

Vista is going to have a lot more than just shiny transparent windows and cool looking new buttons. It's also going to have

a) A lot of bugs.
b) A lot of instability.
c) A fair amount of application incompatibility.

Don't believe all the hype, it won't suck, but it won't be good either, definitely not until SP1 or later.

If windows was made by the same mofos that made firefox kalia would be singing a different tune and calling us all NOOBERLOLS

I believe Vista is going to have DirectX intergrated into the operating system itself rather than it being a seperate layer. Any sort of video processing will be done on the video card instead of the CPU as with all previous versions of Windows.

furax said:
If windows was made by the same mofos that made firefox kalia would be singing a different tune and calling us all NOOBERLOLS

lol i never said firefox was bad. I like it, it's a nice browser. The only Firefox users I consider noobs are the ones who insist on converting people from IE to Firefox. (also the ones who don't insist on converting anyone, but who think insist that Firefox is "more secure" than IE since, well, it isn't.)

yea they going to be doing a CPP thing soon where anyone can try out beta2
just gotta wait for now. and directX is integrated to the OS dwo

Back