Application error 0xc0000135

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vic

Non-Validated User
DvsParse.exe - application error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.
This happened when trying to run DvsParse.exe

Any help would be great, I want to try out this parser, which sounds to be a very good one.

1) Go to Start->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs.
2) Search the list for "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0"

Let me know if you do or don't find that item on the list.

Nope, didn't find it. I thought, though, that it would've been something else besides the .net framework because while reading the thread, the .net framework error code was different from the one I had, but I'll install it and see what happens.

I don't know exactly why, but on some machines not having the .NET Framework installed results in different error messages being displayed than it does on other machines. The 0xc0000135 is one of the common ones that means it's not installed.

bump to this

i get the same error message even with .net 2.0 installed.

Go to Start->Control Panel->Add Remove Programs.

Compare what you see with the following screenshot:

DotNet20.jpg

Let me know if the the text and filesize exactly match what you see, or if they differ at all? There's more than one version of the .NET Framework 2.0, so I want to make sure you got the right one.

mine is Microsoft .NET Framework Size 88.37MB

i poked around and i dont have the x64 version of .NET i think. when i tried installing that i got this message:

Error creating process <C:\DOCUMEN~1\Jered\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\Install.exe>. Reason: C:\WINDOWS\System32\advpack.dll

my laptop is set up the same as my pc where im trying to run the parser, only with a 1.1Hotfix and it runs fine. the .NET 2.0 on my laptop is the same 88.37MB.

Are you sure that's 2.0? That really looks like 1.1 or 1.0 to be honest. If it were 2.0 it should actually say 2.0 in the title.

Try this.
1) Go to Start->Run.
2) Type regedit and press enter
3) Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework
4) Tell me a list of all folders you see there.

On mine, the folders I have are:
.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders
.NETFramework\DbgManagedDebugger
.NETFramework\PendingUpdates
.NETFramework\policy
.NETFramework\v2.0.50727

i have as folders

AssemblyFolders
Dummy
PendingUpdates
policy
v.2.0.50727

What OS are you using? XP, XP 64-bit, Vista, Vista 64-bit, or another?

ran a repair on the x86 version and it opens up fine now. thx for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back