Anyone Else Having Problem With Big Changes (job System/main Story)

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Over the years square enix started to introduce one change after the other to balance the game. Since I have a job for earning my one money and other things to do than gamming, I can only spent limited time on the game. So it happens to me several times that I returned to the game after a break find a lot of things in the character and job system changed and need to relearn.

When I started four years ago and FFXIV was new for me I really liked it the way it was and the number of jobs to choose from was overseeable.

Here are just some things which I observed in the game over the years:

* assignment of attribute point while leveling up
* using ice,fire, etc. ward potions to increase resistence during normal game play
* cross class skills, a motivation to level on multiple crafting classes
* druid protess command
* command from archer were removed to make bard stronger

While I have some understanding that the game needs to be kept modern and easy for being interesting for new players and keep existing ones, I am not so happy how it is done. Most of the changes are not that critical for me but may be for other veterans. For me the most anoying thing are command and job system changes.

Now according to producer live letter part lviii they want to shorten the main story. What I dislike here is that the players once again have just to accept whatever they do.

Am I belonging to an old fraction of players used to offline-games where I had the choice when to apply a patch and when not.

Anyone else dislikes these changes? Is it the same with other online games as well?

Continue reading...

Back