all right you computer guru's..

Carmela

retard
I want to unraid my 2x hardrives, because I have no space left on the comp. Can I do it without having to reinstall everything, and if so, how?
if you need to know they're 2x WD raptorx 10k hardrives.

Potentially - what OS are you running, what type of RAID are you using, and do you have an external device large enough to hold a backup?

"RAID 0 (striped disks) distributes data across several disks in a way that gives improved speed and full capacity, but all data on all disks will be lost if any one disk fails."

So... you can't unraid them unless you have the utility to do so for that controller you are using. Check your MFG information and software....

to date, I've never disabled raid in this method... I've always copied/backed up the data and then dumped the RAID config for a rebuild & format.

Good luck.

you will gain no additional space from breaking your RAID 0 array. delete shit or buy more drives. Also see what kind of space ccleaner frees up for you.

maybe it's raid 1 then :confused: I have 2 HDs both with 69.7 g of space. However in the current raid platform i only see/can use 69.7 instead of ~140

Back