Adjustments and Additions to Fellows (02/26/2008)

Healer's Mitts STR+5? Excuse me while I laugh my ass off as I melee a mob on WHM.

I believe you failed to realize that the only way to beat AV is to have WHMs and RDMs melee it! That str+5 will most definitely help~!!

I believe you failed to realize that the only way to beat AV is to have WHMs and RDMs melee it! That str+5 will most definitely help~!!

I LOLed...

Now this has stirred up a huge thread here. Basically I was trying to point out, that there are lots of things to the original artifact armor that really don't apply to your job under MOST circumstances. I'm sure every job has some. I'm just familiar with WHM and SMN so spoke on those. Just wiki'ing around... why does the Fighter's Mask have INT+1? As a DD class, why does it have only STR+4 and not more? Why no straight attack+? Same for MNK? Why no attack+ and just a +4 str? Why +5 CHR on Warlock Tabard? Does RDM really need CHR for anything? Especially when the set gives only +3 INT and MND. Would have been nice to screw the CHR, and have the set give more INT and MND.

They're really very generalist, which Shadowedge has a point, probably was made to make the jobs more versatile. But the reality of how most parties work they're not useful. And other than BST, most jobs spend most their time in a party.

So I think they realized that artifact wasn't the best thing ever, and made relic. Which for many jobs, is insanely awesome.

The newer jobs, their AF seems to be much better first try. So maybe they don't need a relic. But V's probably got it that they need SOMETHING easier than Salvage/Einherjar gear.

why does the Fighter's Mask have INT+1?

INT is a modifier for most elemental weapon skills. It's not like most AF WARs use Red Lotus Blade though. However, more INT means less magic damage and WAR was originally intended to tank whether we use it that way or not. Early AF has more to do with the core of the job and what SE intended while relic was tailored more towards what we did with the jobs. ie: Why they seem to wait and see how the job is played before releasing AF now.

The newer jobs, their AF seems to be much better first try. So maybe they don't need a relic. But V's probably got it that they need SOMETHING easier than Salvage/Einherjar gear.
And thinking about it more, it's not just "easier" but more distinctive that we really need. At 75, many jobs have 2 sets of armor just for their job class: AF2 (plus the +1!) and something like Blessed, Igqira, Sha'ir, Wise, that DRK set, and anything else I'm forgetting. BLU/COR/PUP have 0. So do the just-introduced DNC and SCH, though that's understandable.

So yeah, what I really want is a high-level, job-specific set of armor for the newish jobs. Make it "relic," make it "JSE," but please just make it!

And thinking about it more, it's not just "easier" but more distinctive that we really need. At 75, many jobs have 2 sets of armor just for their job class: AF2 (plus the +1!) and something like Blessed, Igqira, Sha'ir, Wise, that DRK set, and anything else I'm forgetting. BLU/COR/PUP have 0. So do the just-introduced DNC and SCH, though that's understandable.

So yeah, what I really want is a high-level, job-specific set of armor for the newish jobs. Make it "relic," make it "JSE," but please just make it!

And make it clothcraft synth too! ^.-

I never really understood the reasoning why SE introduced those high level JSE's. I found them to be pretty... worthless and at best "situational." For example, the PLD Lord's Set is pretty useless. It doesn't have enough enmity to be better superior than PLD AF. Its -mp +hp is marginal at best in my opinion. The HQ (which I rarely see) would be superior to PLD AF. It has a significant amount of more enmity as well as only having +hp. If I recall, the HQ set had more enmity than NQ Adaman (aka Barney armor). But not as much as HQ Barney armor. Most important... why wear ugly armor like Adaman/Lord's when the pure white PLD AF is far superior to look at.

If you play on PC and like to type your spells. DL the windower program called Spellcast Light. Thats all it does is allow you to type your spells out without having to add the <t> at the end. Gives you the option of typing /ma thunder4 as well as /ma thunder IV.

If you play on PC and like to type your spells. DL the windower program called Spellcast Light. Thats all it does is allow you to type your spells out without having to add the <t> at the end. Gives you the option of typing /ma thunder4 as well as /ma thunder IV.

Gordie... I love you.
</t>

I never really understood the reasoning why SE introduced those high level JSE's. I found them to be pretty... worthless and at best "situational."
Well, Blessed is very nice for whm. I use hands and legs all the time, body and feet sometimes. Blm swear by (and sometimes at) Igqira body and head. Sha'ir body is still in demand. I see rdm run around in Wise gear at times, though I don't really know its effectiveness. Same with drk.

Whether it's very useful or situational or even just taking up space, it still gives something unique to the job if nothing other than a distinguishing look. About the only way you can tell my pup is a pup (other than seeing the puppet) is to /check. :p

About the only way you can tell my pup is a pup (other than seeing the puppet) is to /check. :p

Don't need to check. Since AF is the best piece at 75 we would know without checking :tounge-1:.

But seriously, they do need to add more gear that is high lvl JSE. The newer jobs needed it more then any others.

But wtf is up with sch and zenith. Every job that is effective as a full time back line job can wear zenith cept sch. I mean wtf was SE thinking.

But wtf is up with sch and zenith. Every job that is effective as a full time back line job can wear zenith cept sch. I mean wtf was SE thinking.

They probably just forgot and will add it in the update? Like I keep hoping they'll add Dancer to Homam.... >.>

Last edited:
Don't need to check. Since AF is the best piece at 75 we would know without checking :tounge-1:.
Seems like the only pup AF I used was the hands (for a split second during maneuvers, causing a lot of annoying blinking) and feet. Head was either voyager sallet or optical hat, and body/legs were Paluwahn. Given that you can't really make out the feet very well, I just looked like some random melee running around.

Which I guess I was. ^_^;;

But seriously, they do need to add more gear that is high lvl JSE. The newer jobs needed it more then any others.
Agreed.

There's no telling. I'd love to see an explanation for why pup gets to wear Seer's gear, but rdm can't. :p Zeri's right though, they added blu/cor/pup to other armor sets later on, so we'll probably have additions for dnc/sch too.

Back