A Thank You Note

TiiZii

I would like to say thank you to a group of Ultima members who came out and helped me & Kalia with my Dunes Boots.
Thank you to Koukin and Cati to come just to see the cactus die.
Also, I would like to thank Kahlan and his friends Icey, Nerfreyaru, and someone I forgot the name :mad: for coming out to help a random taru.
Thanks to NegativePositive also!
/kneel & /bow to all....

P.S: I don't see any differences in my kicking just yet, why :halo: :eek: :mad: :abso-not: :blue-cry:

Last edited:
Aangeliceus said:
No problem Tiizii, you're just important to me as Kalia despite what he says. :D

/point to Kalia and said: I TOLD YOU!!!

/huggles Aa ;)

Funny you mention that, I've actually been wondering if it affects Dragon Kick or not. Speaking of kicks, what's the base rate on Kick Attacks? Like how often do you kick vs. how often you punch? Has that been tested?

I dont believe it affects DK, and it doesnt increase the amount of kicks, it just increases the DMG, but I could be wrong.

No I know it only increases the damage, but ignoring the boots I'm just wondering what the base Kick Attack rate is. how often do kicks happen just in general

Fayevalentine said:
I dont believe it affects DK, and it doesnt increase the amount of kicks, it just increases the DMG, but I could be wrong.

Faye's right, doesn't do anything to Dragon Kick dmg or rate of Kick Attacks.

Also, Tiizii, go fight some weak stuff in qufim island or something(where low and high-end dmg wont vary by much), you'll notice a huge difference in kick vs punch dmg.

Why in the hell did Evilbunny macro in Dune Boots then... Seems like they are crap then (?'-')

Pshh, adding 20-30% to your Kick Attack damage isn't crap, especially when used in conjunction with merited Kick attacks and AF2 legs.

Kalia said:
Pshh, adding 20-30% to your Kick Attack damage isn't crap, especially when used in conjunction with merited Kick attacks and AF2 legs.

Neither of which are something I possess. Shura Haidate+1 ftw.

It actually adds a lot more than 20-30% damage to Kick Attacks.

For instance, I think in KRT I do about 60-80dmg with a Kick Attack, I'd have to go check, my punches do like around 160-180 on a crit? Somewhere in there I think...

Fiko can say better than me but I imagine his kick attacks can do over 200 damage a hit?

Closer to 200-300% damage added, although I'm sure on some Monk forum somewhere there is an extensive test about how much damage is actually added, and whether its based on %'s, straight damage added, relative damage to a punch (i.e. based off the weapon you use), etc, etc.

But needless to say they add a TON of damage to kicks, although they do not make them return more TP or proc more often.

over 200 a hit? lol surely that has to be a on crit isn't it? Otherwise Crits would do over 350-400, that would be ridiculous. And your 60-80 I would assume is without, so you're comparing non crits to crits. I think? Otherwise that's insane lol

while we're on the subject of MNK leg gear, if the Kick Attacks+5 from the leg gear refers to the proc rate (as in +5% which I understand is the common belief), then wouldn't that make AF2 legs better than Shura Haidate? And if so, then why do people refer to Bahamut's Hose as garbage? I've heard that mentioned in the LS at least a few times.

Way to derail my thread!!! :mad: :tounge-3: :tounge-1: :pc-01:

Grats Tiizii :D

Just like the Kung Fu shoes and add more damage is what i am lead to believe. Not to sure on WS Dragon Kick though.

If they are anything like the above shoes then they do add more damage to kicks. (miss my Kung Fu SHoes :()

What level Monk now Tiizii?

defiant said:
Grats Tiizii :D

Just like the Kung Fu shoes and add more damage is what i am lead to believe. Not to sure on WS Dragon Kick though.

If they are anything like the above shoes then they do add more damage to kicks. (miss my Kung Fu SHoes :()

What level Monk now Tiizii?

TiiZii wants a Kung Fu Shoes!!!
My monk is 72 now Def.

Thanks for the grats :p

Kick attack rate is supposed to be around 5%. With merits you can bump it up to 10% and with AF2 legs 15%.

Dune boots are supposed to effect Kick damage mod by +40. They do not effect Dragon Kick damage at all. My highest kick was around 220 in KRT. Most of the time kicks are about equal with punch damage, but frequently can surpass normal hits by a good margin.

Kicks are always considered Blunt type damage, even when equiping Vamp Claws (slashing H2H damage). Kicks return 5TP when activated. Kicks also stack with Jumps as a multi hit damage mod when /Drg.

Grats on Dunes btw Tiiz ^^

Dar~

72:tounge-3:

dam.. must stop leveling WHM and level my MNK more for some MNK Burn loving :D

/jealous

I noticed something... why is it BLM when going to DD job pick MNK?

I can think of 4 people who loved BLM and now in the 60+ with MNK :)

Back