5.3 Qol Changes I Would Love To See For Leveling Kits Of Jobs

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hello, just wanted to start by saying that I've been thinking about some easy to implement changes that I believe each class should get for the upcoming 5.3 patch in order to make level synced content/levelling process content much more fun. these changes would make each class much stronger during the leveling experience, while also not adding too much imbalance at the higher levels of play

PLD: I would love to see Intervention introduced at level 52 with 1 charge. this would allow PLD to close the gap around lv 60, the same way GNB and DRK can. it can gain an additional charge at lv 74 as usual.

DRK: move stalwart soul to lv 40. this would make the leveling experience much smoother for DRK, and would allow the class to be more intuitive. every other tank gets their aoe combo by lv 40, why does DRK have to wait until lv 72? similarly, Blood Weapon should be moved to lv 30 to help players learn how to build and spend with Flood of Shadow, and Ege can be moved to lv 35 to make room for stalwart.

WAR: Their gap closer should cost asmall amount of beast gauge, and tomohawk should generate that amount, so that they can use both options for openers

DRG: coerthan torment should refresh the duration of disembowl buff. since their 2nd aoe already refreshes time of BOTD, the 3rd should refresh the dps buff the same way the SAM comboes do.

MNK: 6 sided star should ramp MNK up to full Greased Lightning gauge, as i believe this would better justify its long gcd cooldown. this would give the lv 80 ability much needed usage, and would also keep in line with how MNK gets a way to ramp up their GL every expansion cap. lv 50 MNK has perfect balance to help ramp, so lv 60 MNK should have Tornado kick also be changed to give a single GL charge, but should be an OGCD on a 30 second cooldown so that lower lvl MNK has a way to ramp up without overshadowing 6SS for lv 80 MNK.

NIN: shukucki (as well as other ground target abilities) should not be able to go past their maximum length when placing the cursor. this would give NIN access to a much faster teleport method without hurting the skill celiling.

MCH: Make wildfire a 60 second cooldown. it currently does not feel very impactful, but at 60 secs it can serve to ramp up MCHs burst.

SCH: give SCH back both ED and Bane at lv 30. even if they can only spread bio, this would help newer SCH players practice balancing their offence and defence, as well as allowing low level mana generation. most SCH that do sub lv 45 content will know that adloquium eats through their mana, and having both ED and Aetherflow back would be a boon. plus, it would help boost SCH dps up to match the mitigation power of AST and WHM through a good offence, as SCH has always traditionally done.

WHM: make fluid aura similar to Blizzard II, but make it an OGCD 30 sec aoe. give it the additional effect that if WHM is the top of the emnity list for the enemies it hits, give it a knockback. this way a WHM in a group can still do aoe every 30 secs without disturbing the pack of enemies, and a WHM in single player duties/instances can knock enemies away from itself for protection at lower levels. (I also miss killing mobs with it in the overworld and seeing their corpses fly 15 yalms away :p)

AST: allow a 500mp mana gain when drawing cards. this can help most beginning AST get accustomed to managing the mp, and would also help a freshly rezzed AST with generating with a few points at least.

As for another universal change, I would want to see the lv 15 thrown weapon abilities not cancel your combo. this change may be a little harder to implement, but it would also give those skills a much stronger niche for use, as well as allow them to become more powerful for tanks when pulling stray mobs.

Feel free to post below any other simple changes! I don't play every class, but these were just a few small changes I believe would improve the overall quality of life of the current jobs.

Continue reading...

Back