28 March 2007 - Update: Details

Sassafras

Calendar Girl
FC/Active Member
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff11us/20070329M2hfl1/detail.html
≪Mar. 29, 2007 (JST) Update Details≫
*Japan Standard Time
[Event-related]

The exciting new Chocobo Racing feature has been introduced!
Related Information>>

00.jpg

[Battle-related]

New monsters known as “Goblin Bounty Hunters” will now appear along the coastlines of the following areas:

Valkurm Dunes/Batallia Downs/Buburimu Peninsula/Qufim Island

The names of certain monsters appearing in Nyzul Isle have been changed.
Cannonball → Friar's Lantern
Bifrons → Friar's Lantern

[Item-related]

Several new synthesis recipes have been added.

[Resolved Issues]

An event during the quest “Promotion: Chief Sergeant” progressing in an incorrect manner under certain circumstances.

An incorrect message being displayed when talking to the NPC Shahayl in the Nyzul Isle staging point.

An incorrect message being displayed when talking to the Chocobo Racing Association NPCs in San d’Oria, Bastok, and Windurst.

The inability to correctly exit from Assault and Salvage areas when under the effect of the Poroggo ability “Frog Song.”

The effect of the monster ability “Granite Skin” not functioning as intended.

The physical blue magic spell “Disseverment” being incorrectly classified as a magical effect and being usable with the “Burst Affinity” ability.

The inability to place other furnishings on top of the “wardrobe” item when using the Layout function in your Mog House.

The item help text for “gil” not being displayed.

The top Auto-Translate Dictionary entry under Text Commands in the French and German versions being blank. If this entry was selected, only the red and green brackets would be displayed.

The game occasionally freezing when displaying a message in the Friend List.

"The physical blue magic spell “Disseverment” being incorrectly classified as a magical effect and being usable with the “Burst Affinity” ability."

Whaaaaat? Granted I'm not quite high enough for Disseverment yet, but I'm going to assume the spell was consuming your BA status but not actually MB'ing or anything?

Goodbye Fishbot!

New monsters known as “Goblin Bounty Hunters” will now appear along the coastlines of the following areas:

Valkurm Dunes/Batallia Downs/Buburimu Peninsula/Qufim Island

Death to Fish botters! (and maybe a few XPers)

What I don't like about the Choco racing is that I have to raise my own choco... /sigh

reading about what goes on in a choco race though... it seems like its more luck/item based and almost like mario kart racing where you can use items to "aid" you. makes me want to go play some mario kart now.

i wonder what bounty rewards these goblins get. =]

Congrats SE

Death to Fish botters! (and maybe a few XPers)

This is such an awesome idea!! Clap Clap Clap!! And the person that came up with the idea of calling the mobs Bounty Hunters deserves a raise :D

First off You need to know that fish botters are "Outlaws" ;
Secondly, GM Dave and his friends were undoubtedly over worked and being driven insane by people reporting the bots;
Third, What do you do when your police force is too small to handle a problem? No No SE nerfed vigilanties (ie: BST MPK) So what next? ah ha Beastman mercenaries lol

Bring on the Bounty Hunters :pdancing:

This may not work but I just love it that they tried to be imaginative and fun while fixing a problem. Now if they can just hire a Sheriff for the towns -- Matt-taru Dillion :p -- to push the !@#$ bots off the bridges and docks and drown them.

I was so impressed by this part of the update that I was talking about it for a good 5 min to Sassy.. which gave her time to beat me to posting here :p

Last edited:
This is such an awesome idea!! Clap Clap Clap!! And the person that came up with the idea of calling the mobs Bounty Hunters deserves a raise :D

First off You need to know that fish botters are "Outlaws" ;
Secondly, GM Dave and his friends were undoubtedly over worked and being driven insane by people reporting the bots;
Third, What do you do when your police force is too small to handle a problem? No No SE nerfed vigilanties (ie: BST MPK) So what next? ah ha Beastman mercenaries lol

Bring on the Bounty Hunters :pdancing:

This may not work but I just love it that they tried to be imaginative and fun while fixing a problem. Now if they can just hire a Sheriff for the towns -- Matt-taru Dillion :p -- to push the !@#$ bots off the bridges and docks and drown them.

I was so impressed by this part of the update that I was talking about it for a good 5 min to Sassy.. which gave her time to beat me to posted here :p

Speaking of fishbotters, I had two banned yesterday. Their bots failed them since the inventory were already full or were not sorting. Either way, there was no code to tell them to stop in those situations. So they kept catching/releasing the fish. I called a GM and after a few minutes of conversation they disappeared.
=]

Oh god Elvier, you and your obsession with the Police. Like the other night you said something about how you wished there was a fashion police that would show up and say "hey, you cant wear that!"...you crack me up, and weird me out all at the same time. =p

:abso-not: I do not remember that Soj. You sure it was not a lack-of-sleep induced illusion?

About as much illusion as that 12 inch lollypop...that you've never had.

soj loves the 12 inch lollypops....

-ara

My moms spent alot of time with aelf and she too complains to me Elvier that shes never even seen a 3 inch stick nvmd a 12 inch so you should feel obliged to have seen close !!:icecream:

Good lord, you 2 are a lethal combination...

And I'm Ara, this "new" Ara is confusing me :google:

Back