2.1 Patch Notes

Lots of fun stuff in there. So... anyone have 312,000,000 gil lying around?

/poke Aangeliceus
Aangeliceus droped 100000000 gil
/kneel Garret
Garret droped 100000000 gil
/salute Fodder
Fodder moved FC to Ultima.
Fodder droped 100000000 gil
So we need 12500000 gil now? sound like WE CAN DO IT!

Update available.. about 3 gigs in size.

Looks like it's time to put toy BRD to bed and equip my big boy MNK. Holy SHIT those buffs.

/poke Aangeliceus
Aangeliceus droped 100000000 gil
/kneel Garret
Garret droped 100000000 gil
/salute Fodder
Fodder moved FC to Ultima.
Fodder droped 100000000 gil
So we need 12500000 gil now? sound like WE CAN DO IT!

Lol Aqua.

I mean really?

Fifth-class Plot Fourth-class Plot Third-class Plot Second-class Plot First-class Plot
Small 20,000,000 21,250,000 22,500,000 23,750,000 25,000,000
Medium 75,000,000 79,687,500 84,375,000 89,062,500 93,750,000
Large 250,000,000 265,625,000 281,250,000 296,875,000 312,500,000

People have this much cash on hand???

According to Yoshi they do...

It's pretty nuts.. I guess he doesn't want rich people to buy all the plots leaving nothing for others. So same result either way..

According to Yoshi they do...

It's pretty nuts.. I guess he doesn't want rich people to buy all the plots leaving nothing for others. So same result either way..

Insane.

Wonder how much of it's RMT-tainted.... just speculation. However, I guess if you have the crafting market cornered, then I suppose it's possible.

Hmm.

Insane.

Wonder how much of it's RMT-tainted.... just speculation. However, I guess if you have the crafting market cornered, then I suppose it's possible.

Hmm.

Keep in mind gil from 1.0.. gil was reduced after 2.0 but it was still there, to my understanding.

Keep in mind gil from 1.0.. gil was reduced after 2.0 but it was still there, to my understanding.

True. I didn't really factor that in to my thoughts. Good point.

Funny thing, I was just having this in depth discussion about how much you need to save for retirement in the real world. Without relying on some sort of government pension or other retirement fund investment. When I look at this numbers for buying a piece of land, I thought about that discussion.... (We calculated~$500k USD for a 'comfortable' savings amount, if retired @ 65, living until 90, @15yrs that's $33k/year to survive on, assuming you own your house/dwelling. Saving $12,500/year for 40 years, would net you $500k saved+interest, if any.)

Well, that was random, but buying a piece of land in a game at that cost just triggered that.... lol. Maybe they should introduce a bank, with a time deposit system!

True. I didn't really factor that in to my thoughts. Good point.

Funny thing, I was just having this in depth discussion about how much you need to save for retirement in the real world. Without relying on some sort of government pension or other retirement fund investment. When I look at this numbers for buying a piece of land, I thought about that discussion.... (We calculated~$500k USD for a 'comfortable' savings amount, if retired @ 65, living until 90, @15yrs that's $33k/year to survive on, assuming you own your house/dwelling. Saving $12,500/year for 40 years, would net you $500k saved+interest, if any.)

Well, that was random, but buying a piece of land in a game at that cost just triggered that.... lol. Maybe they should introduce a bank, with a time deposit system!

I want a savings account for my gil..lol.

I wonder if any mmo's have done that actually. Wouldn't be a huge rate or anything, but I think it would be cool.

I want a savings account for my gil..lol.

I wonder if any mmo's have done that actually. Wouldn't be a huge rate or anything, but I think it would be cool.

Heh... Then again, I don't trust banks so much anymore. Then there's the Target security breach... I've become a proponent of the 'cash is king' model, in lieu of using credit/debit cards. (Where possible, obviously)

You know, a stock market in game that trades in goods, would actually be kind of cool. Too easy to manipulate though...

I've been working too much....

Heh... Then again, I don't trust banks so much anymore. Then there's the Target security breach... I've become a proponent of the 'cash is king' model, in lieu of using credit/debit cards. (Where possible, obviously)

You know, a stock market in game that trades in goods, would actually be kind of cool. Too easy to manipulate though...

I've been working too much....

Better yet.. how about a mortgage for this housing, SE??

How dare you expect us all to pay up front..

Haha! Good point!!!
A mortgage for a piece of virtual land.

Whatever, SE.. we'll just stay homeless.

That said, Yoshi said personal housing will be much more affordable.

Back