1.5.2 not saving parses properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karinastar

Non-Validated User
Ok, I did some parsing tonight and when I reopened the parser and attempted to view the parses again nothing would show up. I checked some older parses and they did load up. I click view saved parse, select the parse and load it but nothing at all comes up, just empty fields. I did have "Save parse to file" selected.

Also, it exports wrong as well, just showing the totals and nothing else. Hopefully there's a way to bring these parses up as I was doing some testing on weapons and I really don't want to lose my work. ><

Thanks for any help!

Here's a link to what the exports look like: http://www.lakupo.com/rydiamist/sword.html

Edit: Also I checked out the Dumps folder, and all of the parses from 1.5.2 are listed as 212K. The older parses were much larger, so I'm thinking they just didn't save right. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
When you were actually taking these parses that are 212k, did you look to see that anything was being recorded? I had a problem the other day where I started parsing, then then like an hour later came back and found out nothing hd recorded. I found out that there were actually 2 copies of POL running at the time, even though I only had 1 copy of the game open. I have no idea where the second copy came from, I don't recall ever running a second instance. But there was definitely a second pol.exe in Task Manager. After I killed that it worked fine.

Soemone else has reported the exporting problem as well. As for losing work, if there's any data present in the parse at all, it isn't lost. You just might have trouble viewing it until I fix it.

So, for example, the export that you showed me a link to just up there, that one I'm pretty confident nothing is lost it's just displaying improperly. All the 212k files probably never had any data in them in the first place, which I'm guessing might be because of the second POL instance problem I mentioned.

Is there any way for you to tell whether or not a second POL instance had been running at the tiem? Can you post your debug.log from a session that produced one of these empty 212k parses? The file is overwritten every time you start a new parse, so you have to make sure you save a copy off to a new location

I just tried to export and it worked fine for me. Can you send me the DVSD file that is producing a flawed export?

Well, that export was done right before closing the parser after finishing the parse, so the DVSD file that I'd post would be one of the 212k ones. :/

As for the 2nd POL instance, I am positive that I did not have one running, but I didn't check the task manager either. And yep, it was recording. In fact I even took a print screen of some results before I closed the parser because it wasn't exporting right. Unfortunately after I closed the parser, when I tried to load the saved parses nothing came up.

As for the debug.log, it appeared to be completely empty and I haven't parsed since last night. :/

I just started a parse now, killed a few things in Tahrongi, closed the parser, reopened it, and loaded the saved parse successfully. So I dunno what happened last night but it seems to be saving properly now.

In any event it still exported oddly, so I'll post the DVSD file.

http://www.lakupo.com/rydiamist/ChatDump--01_04_2007--1945.dvsd

It's just me solo killing like 3 things in Tahrongi if that's ok.

Thanks, i'll take a look at this dvsd file tomorrow. Hopefully it exports incorrectly for me also :)

Mine from 1.51 look just like this. Emailed my .dvs files to the email listed on the notepad file in the DVS Parse folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back