Hiyas friends! So back when I started playing FFXIV in late January of 2022, it was right after Endwalker released. Man, what a time. People were everywhere, they were talking, everyone was friendly, and most of all I was invited to join a very large FC of dozens if not hundreds of people. It was awesome to have that any time I played, people would be on and chatting and helpful in the FC chat, willing to run activities as I played through the story and unlocked new things.
After several months, probably October of 2022, there was a lot of FC drama that I did not follow or take part in, but it led to the FC disbanding. I made a new FC with maybe 15 of my closest friends from the old FC and they're amazing and I love them to this day, but they were almost never on and playing the game essentially alone was not nearly as fun so I stopped playing and ultimately left the small defunct FC, trying to find a group of people to play with to get that real social friendly big FC feel.
Ever since then ive just been playing the game solo and it has always felt lesser than it did in those early days with people everywhere and helpful and friendly. I have tried to dive back into FFXIV probably four times since then and have played up into the first part of Endwalker now, and each is fun and I love the game, but it only lasts for a month or two until I burn out and get sad about the old group, so I end up moving to play something else.
This brings me to my ask, dear friends. How do I find a group like I had back when I started? I really think that lack of socializing, essentially playing a social game by myself, especially when I see others in dedicated groups really affects my enjoyment of the game overall, and I would like to get back to that. I really want to try the hard Ultimate content but am not confident in doing so without a group that will help me learn what to do and be patient with me when I inevitably mess up. Any help is welcome and I appreciate any advice!
submitted by /u/KahosRayne
[link] [comments]
Continue reading...
After several months, probably October of 2022, there was a lot of FC drama that I did not follow or take part in, but it led to the FC disbanding. I made a new FC with maybe 15 of my closest friends from the old FC and they're amazing and I love them to this day, but they were almost never on and playing the game essentially alone was not nearly as fun so I stopped playing and ultimately left the small defunct FC, trying to find a group of people to play with to get that real social friendly big FC feel.
Ever since then ive just been playing the game solo and it has always felt lesser than it did in those early days with people everywhere and helpful and friendly. I have tried to dive back into FFXIV probably four times since then and have played up into the first part of Endwalker now, and each is fun and I love the game, but it only lasts for a month or two until I burn out and get sad about the old group, so I end up moving to play something else.
This brings me to my ask, dear friends. How do I find a group like I had back when I started? I really think that lack of socializing, essentially playing a social game by myself, especially when I see others in dedicated groups really affects my enjoyment of the game overall, and I would like to get back to that. I really want to try the hard Ultimate content but am not confident in doing so without a group that will help me learn what to do and be patient with me when I inevitably mess up. Any help is welcome and I appreciate any advice!
submitted by /u/KahosRayne
[link] [comments]
Continue reading...