You're an idiot.

Sojourn

Banned for hotter e-lovin.
Hello and welcome to today's edition of You're an idiot.

Today we are going to cover the difference in "You're" and "Your". I'll try to explain it as well as my kindergarten teacher explained it to me, but please bear with me as it has been a while.

You're is a combination of the two words "you" and "are", thus, a contraction.

For example: You're an idiot. YOU ARE an idiot.

What is it that you're trying to accomplish by staring at your moogle all day?

The wrong way to use this: You're daily smile (yes, that is what it said before it was ninja fixed.) YOU ARE daily smile doesn't make sense, unless you're an idiot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your is the possessive form of you, implying ownership.

For example: Your linkshell is full of idiots. (just an example, simmer down)

Your dog just shit all over my eggs benedict.

That is your crack pipe sitting on that hookers ass whom I don't intend on paying for.

Here are some more examples.

The correct way:

aluciont.jpg

The wrong way: (though accurate)

snuggle.jpg

The easiest way to get around using the proper version is to just blame it on being lazy and not caring because its the internetzlol. I don't use punctuation when using you're mostly, but even youre is less annoying and more accurate than misusing your.

This concludes today's edition of You're an idiot.

The next edition will cover the right and wrong usage of the word "lose".

Extra credit: How about we all make a post using the proper usage of these two words! I'll start.

Modoja, you're the sexiest taru i've ever seen.

I don't know what your problem is but I really want to headbutt you in the ovaries.

I'm presuming from the tone you're using throughout this post that your ass must still be sore from last night.

You're a moron for making this post and wasting our time. Your posts lately have been lame.

You're the wind beneath my wings.

Holy shit you're all doing it right. Bravo to eti for a double whammi!

Also huge props to heie for that being the first sentence he's ever used that I actually could understand.

lol sojourn <3

Speaking quietly so that no one else would hear, Harry told the other two about Snape's sudden, sinister desire to be a Quidditch referee.
"Don't play," said Hermione at once.
"Say you're ill," said Ron.
"Pretend to break your leg," Hermione suggested.
"Really break your leg," said Ron.

picture.php

If he can do it, you can too.

Last edited:
Compared to the scholars of yore, you're not as correct with your grammar.

Back