You may have seen this. Experience changes!

Archain

Kitteh Paws
Here's the source
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/information/0415.html

The number of experience points required to gain each level was originally calculated after considering players' effects on the world of Vana'diel as they progressed beyond the initial level cap of 50. However, a considerable amount of time has passed since the implementation of the final cap of 75, and players beyond level 50 no longer have the same influence on the balance of the game. After a close review, the FINAL FANTASY XI development team has decided to reduce the amount of experience needed for leveling up after reaching level 51 (levels 1-50 will remain the same, however).

The update will affect the following:

-Experience points lost due to KO.
Starting at level 25, experience points lost after being KO'd will be 8% of the amount needed to reach the next level. However, this value will never exceed 2,400.

-Currently accumulated experience points.
At the time of the version update, if a player's currently accumulated experience points exceed the number required for the newly adjusted level, that player's experience points will be reset to one point below the number needed to gain a level.

New content and system-related adjustments are under constant consideration by the FINAL FANTASY XI development team to ensure a balanced playing experience in the evolving world of Vana'diel.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Further details will be provided on the day of the update.

I guess it's time to take that NIN to 72 before that patch kicks in? Hell, I might even be motivated to level DRK a little more than I expected to.

This is what I'm looking at

-Currently accumulated experience points.
At the time of the version update, if a player's currently accumulated experience points exceed the number required for the newly adjusted level, that player's experience points will be reset to one point below the number needed to gain a level.

I wanted to pop my NIN just barely over 72 (He's nearly there already) and let any sort of adjustment help him along in the 72-73 range (maximum benefit would allow up to 1 tnl).

As for DRK, that would be something that I'd wait to do after the patch. I have to level it to 37 for Stun anyway.

Last edited:
i'm confused... does that mean after the patch my warrior will be 75 (@40k, lv74 now) and my RDM at the cap? (6k into 75 /blush) ?

well that's sounds pretty dern sweet anyways >,>

n that'll make my next job (thf or blm) easier to lvl ! huzzah

if 2400 exp is 8% of the cap at lvl 75, that would make lvl 75 30k exp. <_>

I am inferring this from the post at POL. They may have implemented a hard cap in addition to the KO%.

Fodder said:
if 2400 exp is 8% of the cap at lvl 75, that would make lvl 75 30k exp. <_>

I am inferring this from the post at POL. They may have implemented a hard cap in addition to the KO%.

I sincerely doubt, 75 will be 30,000.

There speculations flying around already about what the new levels will be.

The 2400, is already a cap of the exp you can lose, you hit it somewhere in the 60's. I hope they dont nerf the xp needed too much, I worked hard to get to 75, now every dunes noob can get there too? More powerful gil farmers?

I don't like this update :mad: :arg:

ya I'm horrible at math... I'm currently @ 73 with 20k xp in. If this goes into effect then... I'd need like 10k xp to get to 74 or what? lol

Nvm think I just figured it out... thx anyway

Last edited:
I do see a drawback to this as I tend to die more than JGP, albeit generally in a more constructive fasion. I have repeatedly capped my exp at 43,999 into level 75 and gone as low as 5k into level before grinding it back out again. If SE chops it down to say 30k or w/e, that is a LOT of sac pulls carved out of my exp pool. Currently, I only have to exp every month or two with a focus on padding 75 again.

Case in point, it is common to lose 20k exp trying to fight DL. Imagine doing that weekly. >.> Grind > DL > Grind > DL > rinse > repeat, week in, week out.

Fod, also consider the point that, along with less XP to lose, you are losing less XP. I imagine this will alter the amount of XP raises give you, since the TNL's change. Home pointing will still yield 2400 at lvl cap, but remember that with any Raise you are losing a % of your level... You will always end up dying the same number of times before you delevel.

Donno how people can say this sucks, gonna make it easier (and cheaper) to get some of our other jobs to 75 so we have more pick when huntin them dragons.

Dragons will hit you..

Back