XBOX 360 newb

onorok

O N O
My roommate got a 360 this week.

So like any good, conniving roommate, I got a couple games today that I wanted to check out (Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect). I didn't know about the Gamer Profiles and started one of the games on my roommates profile; 5 hours in to Lost Odyssey, got 3 achievements and I'm saved before a boss fight.

Then I started looking at the other stuff with the console and saw I could make my own profile. But now my roommate's profile has my save file, the achievements, etc. Is there a way to transfer the game save and achievements?

Or should I not even bother and just let it all rack up on the main (e.g. my roommate's) profile?

BTW - this should be Rants & Tech Help requests forum :badshape:

Umm..

If you want to save your own achievements and such, you should have created your own profile. Once you do that, you can login into any other XBOX360 / XBOXLive and get your info imported.

There is no way that I know of, that would allow you to transfer stuff from your roommate's profile.

You'll have to start over on your own profile.

I wouldn't really consider it worth caring about. There's people who are rabid for gamerscore points and would sell their mother into slavery to get more, but these sick people are known as "fucking losers". It's not a big deal.

-benny

My roommate got a 360 this week.

So like any good, conniving roommate, I got a couple games today that I wanted to check out (Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect). I didn't know about the Gamer Profiles and started one of the games on my roommates profile; 5 hours in to Lost Odyssey, got 3 achievements and I'm saved before a boss fight.

Then I started looking at the other stuff with the console and saw I could make my own profile. But now my roommate's profile has my save file, the achievements, etc. Is there a way to transfer the game save and achievements?

Or should I not even bother and just let it all rack up on the main (e.g. my roommate's) profile?

BTW - this should be Rants & Tech Help requests forum :badshape:

OT- Mass Effect is good. :)

It's mainly a question of whether you want to redo 5 hours of play so you get that game's achievements (including ones to come) on your own profile. Decide now before it gets any longer. ^_~

Honestly, I'd probably start over since you're only 5 hours in. I've had to restart other games for various reasons (usually after a long break), and it's not the worst thing in the world. You could try switching to Mass Effect and playing that for a while first. That way redoing the 5 hours will seem more like a refresher than a repetition.

Back