WTF

Garret

Galkasaur
FC/Active Member
8 Mine Square?! WTF!

Minesweeper-WTF.jpg

This is what I spend my boring days at work doing by the way.

God I love minesweeper. I should see if I can find a screenshot of my record time somewhere. I stopped playing though, because ever since I left one of my old jobs, I've never been able to find another mouse that I could control well enough to get good scores

My time is only up that high because to make the game more challenging I stopped flagging mines & never used the double click feature.

I think my record is about 122s on expert.

In all the games I have played though, that is actually the first time I have ever seen a square with 8 mines around it. I was amazed, hence the reason for the pic.

Hehe, yea I've tried it without flagging mines. That's a fun way to play.

It gets to be too easy flagging them after a while, and I don't like doing custom mine #'s because it's hard to judge what is an appropriate # to make it challenging but one that won't make it so you are literally *ALWAYS* having to make a complete guess at where the mine could be.

Garret and Kalia, I'm right there with you. Play without flagging mines, lose interest because my new mouse doesn't work as well for it, etc. At one point, I would even adjust the mouse sensitivity and the screen resolution just for Minesweeper games (easier to read = faster).

As long as we're talking records, my best Expert win was under 90 seconds (I think 87). At some point, it becomes helpful not to flag some of the bombs and to rely on them being exposed when you hit the last safe square. For speed rounds, I would also randomly click a bunch of spots until 2 separate areas were revealed. Little tricks add up to small but useful time savings. ^_^ Sadly, I can't come close to those times anymore because I'm so out of practice (on the order of a few years).

Congrats on finding an 8 by the way. I'm not certain I ever saw one of those, though given all the games I've played, surely it should have happened at least once....

My record was 84 I think. Get to work! It's so hard to beat that record now just because my mouse isn't up for the task :(

I don't think I could beat either of those times at work. I tend to do an individual game in spurts between when e-mails come in, so whenever I bring the window back up it takes me a moment to get back into the game.

It is ok, I have a meeting with the Bobs.

Actually I prefer Free-Cell more, but I play it as I can only move Hearts to Spades and Diamonds to Clubs and vice versa.

Back