Windows Vista Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's the problem anyway, was just wondering. I'm not really sure what to tell you. :(

Does a crash dialog pop up or anything, or does it just come up and immediately disappear?

I had some free time today so I tried again to get this working.

Does a crash dialog pop up or anything, or does it just come up and immediately disappear?

When I open the parser, POL crashes. I get a dialog box saying

"Playonline has stopped working, Windows is looking for a solution to the problem."

and then:

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." (no solution was provided)

Basically, when I run Dvsparse.exe the parser itself opens as it normally would. However, since POL has crashed (because of running the .exe?), the parser is no longer attached to the game. I am assuming that there is some security feature or something that terminates POL when the parser tries to hook onto it, however, my programming experience is limited to introductory C++ so I know very little about what's going on. I'm sorry my ability to describe what's going on is fairly poor, however, I think I may have been giving you the wrong impression of exactly what is happening (and may still be?).

Open the parser before you start FFXI, running it in administrator mode. Then open FFXI and it should run fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back