Windows 7 - Beta Available

windower lite works fine for me in WinXP but not with the plugins. All the plugins crash Windower or me in XP but soon as i comment them out it works fine.

So i still use windower 3.26 >.>

There seems to be a issue with graphic cards for some people like myself which they are trying to fix for 3.42 i hope ;o

I installed Windows 7 on a seperate partition and I can confirm that Windower does not work. FFXI runs fine, flawlessly even, but you won't get any Windower plugins with it.

My guess is that the DirectX layer has had an overhaul or it's broken. It would seem that it is no longer possible to set up a hook into the layer... the other memory reading apps work fine (re. Latent Checker, UAC disabled) so it's not a security issue.

Also to note is that Windower does change the app icon of POL to the Mandragora and the title bar to "Windower enabled", but when you start the game, the game runs as if you were running normal POL. Setting compatibility options does not work either. :(

Hey Talf,

You aren't the only one who can't get Windower full or Windower Lite to work with Vista. I run Vista 64 on my lap top and I've tried everything I can think of to get either one of them working and both install and boot up fine BUT when I get to the choose character screen, it error's out and crashes. Funny thing is I had Vista Home 32 bit on my Desktop comp and didn't have ANY issues with it at all for almost a year. It ran Windower great, no issues at all. Sadly the desktop is slowy going up and won't support FFXI anymore.

Now that I have a Laptop with Vista 64bit on it, Windower doesn't work and Vista gives me issues after issue daily. I HATE HATE HAAAATE Vista 64 bit!!!! I now know why people hate Vista. I'd love to run Windower on here because SE's Windower sucks.

I'd love to give Windows 7 a try but scared that I'll really screw up my lap top since I do not have another internal HD. Shit I'd love to get WinXP SE3 on my lap top but people have told me that I'd have a hell of a time getting the right drivers and such for it to run right on here. :(

We're not the only ones. I've found a bunch of posts on multple forums where ppl are having the same problems. I'll just make do with SE windower and 2005 macros for now. Going to use my tax refund to build a new computer I think. :halo:

So far *knock on wood*, I haven't had many issues with Vista 64. It crashed before character selection last night but once I took a few plugins off auto-load it worked fine.

go into your windower folder and look for the scripts folder open up init about midway down there's a list of plugins that say 'load' and then the plugin. put a // in front of the plugins you don't want to load.
mine looks like this.
load TParty
load Distance
load Recast
//load LightLuggage
//load TimeStamp
load DrawDistance
//load SSOrganizer
load ConsoleBG
//load Logger
//load StatusTimer
//load Silence

I think xpwatch was the one that screwed up Windower/Vista for me. I'm fine if I load it after Windower is open and everything, but if its set to autoload it chokes on it every time. Aside from that I've never had a problem.

Honestly I haven't had too many issues with Vista. The main thing I remember is copying and overwriting folders and subfolders. It asks you about 50 times if you want to overwrite everything and then it doesn't actually do it.

damn, not sure then.

If you go read around the windower forums they may have some other ideas.

Back