Windower question

Neodevilbane

Master of the Martini
I have a widescreen monitor, but when I set 1440 x 900 in the windower .INI it puts me into a fullscreen I can't get out of (I have to set it to something lower and lame, like 1024 x 768).

Is there any way to make it so that I can get out of fullscreen as such, or something?

Windower is the devil, all 3rd party programs are illegal.
But I hear if you check the settings withing FFXI setup, matched to screen settings which then have to be matched and saved in the notes document which comes with windower (so I hear). I play on a 37 inch LCD hooked to my laptop.

Windower is the devil, all 3rd party programs are illegal.
But I hear if you check the settings withing FFXI setup, matched to screen settings which then have to be matched and saved in the notes document which comes with windower (so I hear). I play on a 37 inch LCD hooked to my laptop.

You lie.

The bold, underlined section. :p

Is your desktop at 1440x900, too? Setting the windower resolution the same as your desktop will default it to full screen. Either raise your desktop's res, or lower windower's.

Also, you can still get out of full screen. Just alt-tab to another app. Or if you don't have one open, Ctrl-Alt-Del to open the Task Manager. Now you have another app open.

If you want a widescreen resolution, and your desktop's native resolution is 1440x900, use 1280x720 (which would be the same as a 720p resolution).

Back