Why I Think Heavensward Is The Best Mmo Story I've Played So Far (no Spoilers)

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I've been playing MMO's for about 20 some years now, starting with UO. I love playing in a full world, with a bunch of other players, and meeting new people. And the stories they write are often quite amazing.

However, the stories often happen around you. You often don't feel apart of the story itself, you're just there for the ride. Which is fine, and often times well done. And if they ever do put you in the driver seat of a story, it is often very short, or segmented, to the point where it doesn't flow as well as it could have.

With that said, after going through Post Heavensward, as corny as this sounds, I feel like I've gone through a long journey with old friends, and new allies. I actually look around Ishgard, feeling that I've accomplished something. That I personally crawled through mud to get to where I am. And it feels absolutely great.

The fact that the story itself definitely helps, but that wasn't it. It was also the character development that came with it. The dialogue that really strained the journey we were on. The moments that brought back old feelings.

It was executed so well, that I definitely feel something must be said about it. I've heard that HW is the best of the three expansions, but the others don't fall far behind. I look forward to my continued journeys.

Continue reading...

Back