Who's Still Around?

Vilya

I'm not sure who all would even remember me, even though I did some Dyna runs and hung out with a bunch of others over the years. I remember towards the end of when I was playing heavily, hanging out with Fodder and old old times when I was way new in Davoi killing orcs with Garret and Gesseritt on that stupid bridge for hours and many more things in between.

I just got the itch recently and reactivated to see this again. I switched from PS to PC (I have no idea how to control things - I need a controller!) and don't know what the hell I need to do. But anyway, if people are around, feel free to say hi if you see me! I'll probably just stick to Pankration (why is my old black elemental not still the champion?) til I can sort things out.

But yeah, I'm probably just going to screw around, and reading these threads about how much fun some of you had leveling up, that's probably what I'll do. In the meantime, I'm probably just chilling in my empty LS, since only two people from the yoji/etc days seem to be around, and they probably dropped their pearl/sack 3+ years ago.

Also, if someone could remind me what could beat a dark elemental in pankration, let me know. Chigoe with an enspell maybe I think, but the bulks can't get through the SS/blink.

Hey Vilya.

Most of the active people in this forum moved to XIV.

I miss XI though.

A lot of people are in Vibe's Free Company or Nakama's Free Company, as well. Just a few stragglers left behind who have no aspirations outside of self-indulgence.

Wow, there's new posts here. :)

I don't know anyone personally that is still in XI. Whenever there's a free login period for XI, I'll jump on and run around for old times sake, but that's about it.

I'm invested in XIV now... I've got a character in Nakama and another main in RWBY, still on Hyperion.

Hope everyone is well that happens upon this post. :D

Yeah, I think when I left for good in 2011, y'all and a lot more were already setting things up in XIV. I just had read threads (including the one here) and was like "hmm, even if it's just a couple months, seems like maybe I could waste a little time". It is a bit lonely, as I see some names that I remember, but I have no idea if it's the same person. But whatever, I basically just run around, and by run, I mean run. I'm el cheapo, so I don't even like to use Outpost warps, even spending Conquest Points on that. Scrolls are cheap now except for the teleports and D2 (I just sold that for 300k, and Vahzl/Yhoat are about 300k too still), but I'm going to be frugal without any real cash flow coming in.

I'll probably get BLM to 99 first (it's nearly 95 now, but I'll need help for the limit break, I think) and then cry when I put my NQ Morrigan on a mannequin and turn my focus to just leveling up with my 3 (soon to be 4, I think) NPC helpers on other jobs. I don't know if it's ideal, but having Trion tank, Ulmia on BRD (ugh, these support NPCs don't melee?) and a heavy DD has worked for me on the dumb stuff I've worked on so far.

I seem to be a week late... lol. Hope everyone's having fun. I've been trying to improve my life and FFXIV wasn't helping. I quit, maybe for good, we'll see. Tempting as the expansion is..

I seem to be a week late... lol. Hope everyone's having fun. I've been trying to improve my life and FFXIV wasn't helping. I quit, maybe for good, we'll see. Tempting as the expansion is..

Well, quitting is bad too... lol

At the very least, I assume you completed Steps of Faith and closed out the storyline? At least be ready in case you want to power up again when the expansion is actually out....

tbh; FFXIV keeps me sane, lol. It's a nice break from the real-world and BS that comes with it!

Meh, odds are I'll be back in fall/winter, maybe occasional weekend during the summer, not sure yet. Been spending a ton of time outside lately.. and have like 2-3 vacations planned this summer.. rofl.

Meh, odds are I'll be back in fall/winter, maybe occasional weekend during the summer, not sure yet. Been spending a ton of time outside lately.. and have like 2-3 vacations planned this summer.. rofl.

Yeah, I feel you.

I'm actually planning 2 vacations since my job will be really slow this year for the summer months... I guess we'll hit southeast Asia and then hop over to the U.S. at some point... the yen to dollar rate though, is a real pain right now.

In the meantime, grinding out stuff at work until mid-June.

Lol thinking about re-subbing... but software token was on my old phone and forgot to remove it.. could have sworn I removed it.. anyway on hold waiting to get someone from SE support to remove it... and all I can say, why has SE still not implemented something called... hold music? Their persistent recording is driving me nuts.

Lol thinking about re-subbing... but software token was on my old phone and forgot to remove it.. could have sworn I removed it.. anyway on hold waiting to get someone from SE support to remove it... and all I can say, why has SE still not implemented something called... hold music? Their persistent recording is driving me nuts.

I assume you got that settled, thought I saw you on over the weekend. :)

I assume you got that settled, thought I saw you on over the weekend. :)

Yeah I did, lol. I finished story and honestly have mostly been lurking around during weekends. I see little point in gearing up so close to expansion time.. level cap and all. I really should finish WAR to 50 though.. 48 now.. lol.

Oh funny part about security token... had old address on file from two years ago... do you have any idea how hard it was for me to remember the actual street number? I ended up logging onto amazon and finding an old order to look up my old address.. made sure to update my address first thing, though.

The name Vilya sounds very familiar ... I may have had you in my party during Dynamis with Fodder and Garret!

I remember when I switched from PS2 to Xbox360 and finally to PC. It was next to impossible to play without a controller. So many things I had to relearn and it got so confusing that I ended up buying an adapter to use my controllers on the PC. Definitely get an adapter or wired 360 controller my friend :).

Still around and loving it. Shoot me a /tell sometime and we can hang out. Even playing Talfus' character in addition to my own two; that elvaan is such a beast. He would die from laughter knowing that I took his BLM and BST to 99 (in addition to WHM and WAR) and outfitted them with iLV119 gear.

Omar

Back