Where I Think The Dooms And The First Calamity Came From *spoilers And Speculation*

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Maybe people already thought of this, I don’t know but here goes.

The Ascians’ reached a point in their evolution where they could produce things though visualising things in their mind, but I suspect this is what eventually lead to the downfall of their race.

In the film Forbidden Planet the Starship C-57D reaches the planet Altair IV to determine the fate of an Earth expedition sent there 20 years earlier.

Turns out the Krell civilisation built a machine that could manifest anything they could imagine, but shortly after completion they were all destroyed for unknown reasons.

Dr. Ostrow (at the cost of his own life) does some digging and says that the Krell forgot one thing, stating the words "Monsters from the Id" before dying, The captain deduces that their own base subconscious desires, given free rein and unlimited power by the machine caused the calamity, and that Morbius' subconscious mind created the creature that killed the original expedition and attacked his crew.

After Morbius’ Daughter tells him that she intends to leave with the captain the creature attacks them, Morbius commands Robby the robot to kill it but as it's a creation of Morbius's subconscious mind, Robby shutdown unable to go against its programming.

The films ends with the destruction of the planet through an irreversible chain reaction within the Krell reactors a planetary self-destruct device if you would.

The subconscious mind of the Ascians caused everything.

submitted by /u/Jeansybaby
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back