Where do I get the official FFXI windower?

Neodevilbane

Master of the Martini
From Square?

Yeah I would advise you contacting them and asking for a copy of windower, then might as well include Fraps, hacks, and bots to the request list.

Joking, I know I have been gone awhile, but FFXI does not allow windower, nor provide a version, any version of windower is a 3rd party program and deemed as illegal by Square. Unless things have really changed in my absence, otherwise what you are looking for used to be found at http://ffxi.archbell.com not sure if it still exists.

Joking, I know I have been gone awhile, but FFXI does not allow windower, nor provide a version, any version of windower is a 3rd party program and deemed as illegal by Square.

You have been gone a while. They've made their own perfectly legal windower that was released last Monday, I believe. I just don't know where to find it.

Start > POL > ffxi config yadda yadda. Just click the 'windowed mode' box.

ps: im glad puss didn't know about windowed mode, makes me believe his stories more (you know what i mean puss, you SOB)

The SE endorsed windower is absolutely horrible.

Don't do eet!

Soj, you never even commented on the last story, not sure you truly appreciate all I do. By the way, if this were "Good Will Hunting" I would so slam Haru's phone number in your face right now. Yeah you heard me right. HOW ABOUT DEM APPLES

I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON THOSE APPLES. CHOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The brightness seems off in the SE windower. Normal stuff looked very slightly darker, but bright stuff was amazingly bright. There also seem to be some issues with the mouse and mouse pointer, especially looking at region/besieged/campaign maps.

I'm still using it because I like the ability to pull up my local web browser, but it definitely has some quirks that need resolving.

I'm still using it because I like the ability to pull up my local web browser, but it definitely has some quirks that need resolving.

I tried dragging a corner to resize the window some, and it resulted in the game window turning black whenever I tried typing in the chat log. Any other keyboard actions were fine though, like bringing up the menu or talking to NPCs.

I think that the Official Windower works fine for it's purpose... It seems that certain people with certain configs have problems and others don't. As far as the brightness goes, just turn up your settings in the "Gameplay" menu under "Config" -- just turn up the R,G,B to get the brightness you desire.

The resizing for me is a non-issue, the big difference for me was being able to close my laptop and reopen it with FFXI still running.... the old Windower would crash and the new *Official* windower will stay running and not crash out.

-Aa

Another small issue with new windower is running 2 accounts on same PC. Unless there is something I am missing, I am only able to run 1, unless I open a the unofficial windower.

Another small issue with new windower is running 2 accounts on same PC. Unless there is something I am missing, I am only able to run 1, unless I open a the unofficial windower.
They have a plugin for the GOOD windower called Priority that allows that Pit.

Last edited:
I've been having my share of trouble with the unofficial windower, so I might give this a try. With the unofficial windower, I'll often times find myself about to move around, but not able to type if I toggle back to the FFXI window once and a while. Sometimes freezing altogether.

Last edited:
Back