When AT&T Screws You Over

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
Look at this and remember to cover your ass when AT&T screws you.

This is *MY* AT&T long distance bill, home phone long distance and calling card.

att1.jpg

att2.jpg

att3.jpg

Long story short.... AT&T gave me unlimited calling to Japan on my *HOME PHONE* however neglected to tell me that they changed my calling card back to standard rate, which is about $2.67/minute instead of $0.10/minute. I wanted Unlimited calling to Japan, except they still charge $0.10/minute with calls to Mobile phones in Japan regardless... Otherwise with the old plan it was $0.22/minute to mobile phones.

Since I called and bitched them out, they have since reversed the charges and my total bill came to $296 after the credits.

Just an FYI for long distance users, this is all international calls from the United states. The sons of bitches cut my card off and I couldn't make any calls while I was traveling and of course, the customer service center had limited hours. :arg:

Youch. Fuck yea they better reverse those charges. They should even provide you some type of courtesy credits for the hassle of having to call in to have them fix their own mistake.

~Pitlith

omg you were on the phone for an hour and 39 min. ?! what the hell do you people talk about.... (I'm not a phone person)

and are the 1 min. phone calls cute little "hey... I was just thinkin about you... blahblahblah" ones? :3

Koul said:
omg you were on the phone for an hour and 39 min. ?! what the hell do you people talk about.... (I'm not a phone person)

and are the 1 min. phone calls cute little "hey... I was just thinkin about you... blahblahblah" ones? :3

ring ring.... "HAY BABY NOONER AT MY PLACE! GOGO"

The short calls were either, leaving voicemail/no answer or just short calls to answer some questions. We've since started using ventrilo for IP chat on a private server.

A lot of the JP phones have voicemail *on* the phone itself. You can let the phone ring into your voicemail and you can 'screen' the message as the person is leaving it. You can either answer the call or let the person finish in voicemail. You can of course turn it off on the phone and it will go to the regular voicemail center, then which, you have to call in and get the message just like most U.S. cell phones. So, for billing purposes either way, it's a completed call and you get billed.

lol, that looks like one of the bills I used to pull in when I used to use DWANGO to play Doom back in 93/94. Long Distance + DWANGO service = wallet hurt.

lobby.gif

Thank God they fixed their problem, that would have given me a heart attack if I checked the bill to see that.

Update:

update.jpg

AT&T Makes good on their promise to fix the problem.

500 Minutes used on International Calls in July $76 = Good deal. lol

Back