What do Japanese players think?

The best party experience I ever had was manaburning on Mount Zhaylom. A Japanese BLM was next to us, and asked to Team Up? They understood very little English, and spoke even less, but eventually started to teach me various words and such. I don't remember it in my head, but I saved it all to a text file on my old PC. So if I dig that up, I can say that a monster is being mean to me, I can call people an idiot/rude, and I can apologize for going AFK. :)

RNG should sub war! Coice agrees.
Hell's yeah. I love dancing with death.

And /nin gimps the hell out of war unless you are loldualwieldiing a R I D I L L and even then it's meh.

If you are healing, there is no way i'm going let your ass sit on full mp 90% of the time. I do watch mp though, and take defensive actions if it gets too low, but SPONGE FTW!

Few rules I follow when I join a japanese party:

{Hello} {Nice to meet you.} when I join.

Sit at signet or choco npc until rest of party gathers. (don't hop on choco before party lead, or else you are considered rude for bring up price)

Don't talk. Ask questions politely via /tell to the party lead if you have any, he will usually relay anything of importance to the rest of the party in japanese.

Don't afk. That's a big one, most mid level NA parties afk every god damn 30 seconds.

Don't forget the lube! Don't ask for sneak/invis nooblet.

Play your job right, should go without saying but...yeah, lol.

If you follow these steps at the end of the party you'll get a nice complement. My most recent one was {King} {Scholar} at upper 70's.

Just need to treat japanese players nicer ('formal' is better term) than NA players. Most JP parties are really good exp and worth the hassle OF BEING FUCKING POLITE.

:icecream:

Another thing about getting JP parties is to have your seacom in the "standard" format. Listing "300 meripo" means jack. list 8/8 Great Axe, 4/4 Crit, etc. and you will have better odds. Having retarded shite in your seacom will get you passed over every time unless you are brd. I also like to add "Party Long time please" so they know you want to stay the duration. Leg hump emotes don't help so leave those in your mog house.

list 8/8 Great Axe, 4/4 Crit, etc. and you will have better odds.

I haven't done this much 75+ for merits, but lower levels, it seems to REALLY help. Had a few awesome runs on lowbie jobs where there was 50+ people LFG--showing what sets you apart reallly helps (NA or JP).

I would throw a Cure and say something nice, like, “You can do it!” and they would respond with foul language like <[ "You JAP?!" ]> or <[ fuck ]> or <[ monkey ]> and such

LOL

If you are healing, there is no way i'm going let your ass sit on full mp 90% of the time. I do watch mp though, and take defensive actions if it gets too low, but SPONGE FTW!

Difference between you and 98% of the rest is you understand the importance of MP where most don't.

If you wanna waste my MP you won't get Haste and other buffs from me =p and i'm more then likely to say "AFK" when i'm not so i can get some MP back. I don't play RDM or WHM for merits no more because i usually find it depressing unless it a LS merit party.

What good is extra damage when you always bloody dieing and slowing down the exp intake.

WAR/SAM is a great combo, just a shame a lot of people really really suck at it.

Most people in LS are pretty good at this combo that i've played with (freak you suck =p)

Protip:

Use "Team Up?" instead of "Party" when asking a Japanese player to your party or event. They are more likely to respond favorably or at least tell you they are not interested.

Coice's post, spot on, I believe. Having no choice in who I can exp with, other than Japanese players... politeness and respect will take you far.

I find it amusing that the Japanese find "w" annoying. Overall, the only issue I have is that two questions aren't all that great. Adaman Hauberk: Blue or Purple? is a whimsical question that really doesn't serve to clarify more understanding between JP and (in reality) non-JP. Wearing gear in certain slots is also a question that is pretty useless.

The /check answer surprised me the most. I can understand why JPs don't like it. If the NA client also said "xxx stares at you." I don't think I'd be comfortable either. I wonder why SE hasn't changed that phrase if JP players dislike it so much.

I think Coice's "rules" are pretty standard. Sadly only veterans do any of that.

Eh, they were joke questions. :) The Japanese has asked us questions back now, and they also included a couple of joke questions. :)

Overall, the only issue I have is that two questions aren't all that great. Adaman Hauberk: Blue or Purple? is a whimsical question that really doesn't serve to clarify more understanding between JP and (in reality) non-JP. Wearing gear in certain slots is also a question that is pretty useless.

:bfg: It's a BG thing. It's a running joke/meme on the BG forums and he asked it just as a joke to see what they thought/how they answered.

:bfg: It's a BG thing. It's a running joke/meme on the BG forums and he asked it just as a joke to see what they thought/how they answered.

I know its a BG thing. But I also think BG is a very elitist clique. Their BG wiki after a year still hasn't been populated to a point where people can use it as an "alternative" to Wiki (as they had wanted). The pages that do have stuff is full of useless crap unless you're easily amused by the lore which serves no informational purpose. So far, anything I can get in BG Wiki, I can get in Wiki but not the other way.

I know its a BG thing. But I also think BG is a very elitist clique. Their BG wiki after a year still hasn't been populated to a point where people can use it as an "alternative" to Wiki (as they had wanted). The pages that do have stuff is full of useless crap unless you're easily amused by the lore which serves no informational purpose. So far, anything I can get in BG Wiki, I can get in Wiki but not the other way.

You speak the truth. Their wiki is what I would call a self-serving Wiki. (i.e. it contains useless points/info that don't relate to anyone not involved in the 'BG' universe. I'd never direct a new player to it. As much as I hate the history behind the Wikia version, it's still probably the safest and most complete reference material and will likely stay that way. BG represents, maybe 4% of the playerbase. Long gone are the days of 'useful' information extracted from posts there.

Anyways.... back on track.

Back