Want To Try Tanking. Is Gunbreaker A Good Start?

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I usually play Scholar (Lv. 58), though I stick with Summoner for MSQ. I had a friend join the game recently, so I've also been leveling a Bard on the side (Lv. 47). I have yet to try tanking, but I've had my sights set on Dark Knight and Gunbreaker so far.

I'm currently slogging through the post-ARR quests, and if I did my math right, I still have about... 60 more quests to go. Oof. At this rate, I'll hit Lv. 60 on my Scholar long before I reach Heavensward and get access to Dark Knight. So I'll likely be able to try out Gunbreaker first.

(I've been running Main Scenario Roulette every day since the Moogle Treasure Trove event was announced, hence why I'm so overleveled.)

I know tanking can be challenging, so I intend to complete the Hall of the Novice for tanking regardless of which tank I start with so I can have some fundamentals. Nonetheless, out of all the tanks, Gunbreaker has the most skills available from the start, so I'm worried if I'll be overwhelmed with all the abilities.

I recognize that I have other options for tanking in Paladin and Warrior, but leveling Bard was already quite a hassle. I really don't want to invest time into leveling another Lv. 1 Class.

Should I wait it out until I get to Dark Knight, or will I be okay with diving right into Gunbreaker and picking Dark Knight up later?

submitted by /u/yogurtthe2nd
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back