w.o.w kills people

Yahoo_News said:
Zhang Xiaoyi died on Dec. 27, 2004, leaving behind a suicide note saying he wanted "to join the heroes of the game he worshipped,"

GTFO!!! Join the Heroes of the game he worshipped?!... @_@;; so fucked up... but I feel so guilty cuz I can't help but to chuckle at this statement.

The parents want to put a disclaimer on game boxes that states "Playing games harms ones health"... this is not true. An addiction is a problem, for sure, but the actual game does not harm someone's health. People need to exercise restraint, and be able to institute it on someone who cannot (parents didn't notice their kid gone for 36 consecutive hours..?) If someone grew some ridiculous fetish for eating grass because he derived pleasure from it, and ate so much he screwed somethin up internally and died, would we put disclaimers on grass?

BTW, there are disclaimers on games like this. The kid had issues, the game was the medium.

His parents' suit also calls on the distributor to put a warning on the game's packaging saying "playing games excessively harms health," the report said.
This such non-sense. I remember this case when someone jumped from his house's window after seeing Spiderman II, or this man who killed his taunt and uncle after seeing Scream movie.

While MMORPG can make people addicted, stuffs like "Playing WoW too much can make your children kill themself" or "Watching too many movies can turn you mad" is just BS.

While MMORPG can make people addicted, stuffs like "Playing WoW too much can make your children kill themself" or "Watching too many movies can turn you mad" is just BS.

I actually agree with Lylie on this, its in the same boat as 'fast food is killing our nation'. Don't sue for McDonald's making you fat. I KNOW they don't post nutritional information like they should, I KNOW they don't sell as many fat free foods (any? iono), but you CAN choose to not eat there, no matter how hard you make it out to be.

Any which way you look at it, it is a sad event. The parents should be shot for starters, for not paying enough attention to a child of this nature, not allow him to stay up for 36 hours straight. Yes some people play these for an escape from their daily routine. This is only the outer skin of the onion and I am sure if you looked further you would find more to the story. The death of a child, let alone anyone is never worth a chuckle.

Back