Vietnam Pics

One HUGE problem Aang: I'm not in any of those pics :(

More pictures of culture & less of cars, bikes & flying machines! Hehe ~.^

I'm curious who or what aang was taking pictures of in the few missing numbers in the series :) hehehe.

-benny

Sorry, we did not come here for the culture.

It's pretty much as you see with the exception of the war history, reunification etc.

We actually came here for shopping and doing a photo shoot. It's also damn cheap here... $1 USD = ~80,000 Vietnam Dong.

The whole trip including airfare and a five-star hotel, cost about $1200 USD. (That also included transportation to and from the airport.)

Important lesson for coming to Vietnam. Japanese passport holders do not need a visa, most everyone else... yes. including me. I was stuck at immigration for about 45 mintues, getting a visa processed and then they told me to go to the hotel and wait.. and don't step foot out of the hotel. (I did anyway.... ) Guy delivered my passport with entry visa to the hotel the next day. :)

Lol.

Nice pictures. :)

The 1 of the back-view of the lady on a bike with a bunch of huge bags, is pretty funny. It almost looks like it's just a bunch of bags on the bike riding themselves down the street. xD

It would take awhile to describe everything, but it feels a lot like Thailand with a bit more chaos. Nobody really follows the traffic signals, so crossing the street or just riding in a Taxi can be an experience.

The sidewalks are crowded with people doing nothing but eating, sleeping or just sitting on their motorbikes, watching everyone else walk by. And... they love to stare at you, if you're not one of them.... a white guy walking with a Japanese girl, seems to draw a lot of attention as we found out. :arg:

Anyway.... today is our last day here and we're going to a spa for a four-hour massage. Our flight leaves at 00:05 heading back to Tokyo, so more shopping and then killing a few hours at the airport.

Next time I come here, I will hit the more cultural stuff. I had wanted to visit the war museum and some of the historic places, but this trip was not setup for that.

More pics will be uploaded after getting back to Tokyo... we've got to pack up and get ready for check-out time.

Heh, that chaos with the traffic describes Istanbul pretty well. I got in a cab and the driver said that most people consider traffic signals to be nothing more than decorations. There was also a bomb go off near the port I was at the next morning, so I don't think it's a place I'll return to. lol

Those pictures of motorbikes/scooters remind me of Taiwan. In Taiwan, they're just as lawless on the streets I bet.

Back