Very high level Bonecrafter needed

Archain

Kitteh Paws
Very high level bonecrafters seem to be in short supply. To be honest I think getting the cursed gear made is going to be more difficult than getting the Abjurations (since this particular set seems to be used for the melee "burst damage" classes DRK/THF, THF/???, and WAR/THF). The equipment I'm attempting to uncurse is in such low demand and supply that only 1 of each have ever been sold (as a price setter to the seller himself).

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the only very high level bonecrafters are JP, so now I've got a communication barrier to break too. Who knows what kind of commission one should offer for this? I've never needed a crafter for anything before, lol. I have the items or can get the items I need now, I've just got nobody to craft it.

The harness I'm attempting to have made is a 100 Bonecrafting recipe using a Leathercrafting sub, this is going to be one hell of a search. The end result is a Harness that gives +12STR, +10ACC, high HP and DEF bonuses, and a slow penalty (requiring this to be a "macro in" prior to a WS).

This will be the second piece of Hecatomb equipment I've got of this set. The full set is pretty damn nasty.

A WS setup with Hecatomb would allow (<--- somepage popup alert, lol)
+36 STR (+18ATT @ 36STR/2)
+20 DEX (+10ACC @ 20DEX/2)
+10 ACC
+20 ATT
+172 DEF
+58 Health
+43% Slow (FUCK!)

Current setup allows this in the same slots
+0 STR
+13 DEX (+6 ACC @ 13DEX/2)
+5 AGI
+0 ACC
+0 ATT
+94 DEF
+59 Health
+0% Slow

...this doesn't include belts, capes, rings, earrings, ranged gear/ammo, necklaces, or weapons. I'd actually shudder if I knew how hard a DRK/THF w/ 300%TP Spiral Hell, a WAR/THF w/ Steel Cyclone or a THF/??? with Shark Bite would hit with this set, lol.

Don't mind me, I'm bored and just bitching at the inability to find a crafter, lol.

Last edited:
Helterskelter = 100+3 Bonecrafter, reasonable rates to my experience. Helter is JP but can speak a little bit of English. If you have the supplies, I can talk to him as I kinda know him in passing and might be able to score a better deal.

~Fod

I'll have to hold off a little while, the range I was willing to pay for Angel Skin has shifted upwards pretty harshly and I don't want to (and can't) support the price hike just yet. :(

By the way, Fodder you're a lifesaver...and I don't mean the candy. If I do get ahold of an Angel Skin in the near future, I'll see if I can get a hold of you first as a reference.

The only harness on the AH went for 5 Million as a price setting bid from the crafter to himself.

pol%202005-02-15%2004-32-01-01.JPG

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with bonecrafting but it DOES have to do with crafting (I could have swore we put up a crafting thread somewhere?!) Anyways I'm putting levelling all jobs on hold (Unless someone from the LS wants me to level DRK with them) until I get smithing done. Basically I'll just be doing HNM's, God Pops, and smithing in that order.

Purpose of this post = Since i'm doing smithing I'm going to need a TON of Adaman Ore's in the future. So I'll buy them off of LS members for reasonable rates whenever someone gets them. :p As soon as I get this to 100+3 I'll be more than happy to craft anything that LS members want free of charge minus material cost (better to get your own materials). Also since I have all other crafts at 60 there'll be less chance to fail a cross crafting recipe and greater chance to HQ it.

Edit: Finished up Darksteel today. Dwo sold me an Adaman for 60k which is reasonable as it saves him the AH listing fee cost (Adaman currently 65k a pop) Still gonna need tons of Adaman, so if you get it help me out and sell it to me rather than AH'ing it.

Last edited:
I broke myself again. It's farming, BCNM, and mule item selling time! :split:

The good - Cleared inventory of several items I was saving, had the hardest item of the set crafted and uncursed, made a new friend.
The bad - Cleared my wallet out again, destroying my Scorp Harness fund...again (the one I'm using is Carmela's). Ziska's drained me the first time, but I'm glad I did it (now that they're 300K less than an E-Bow).
The ugly - Now sitting at +17% slow with the two pieces active

Fishing up Devil Mantas for Angel Skin?

I know this is kinda buried in a rant thread, but I've got a question. I'm looking at Angel Skins and I notice that there are only two enemies listed that actually drop this item.

One is Seiryu (Ru'Aun Gardens) (Level: 88-90)
(I'd honestly rather not take from this one if I can get it elsewhere)
One is Devil Manta (Kuftal Tunnel) (Level: 66-68)
(Only spawned during fishing)

My question is, how do you pull up monsters when fishing? My skill is currently at 0 (never saw the desire or the need, hell airship rides put me to sleep) and I've never fished before so I'm a total idiot when it comes to this. Would my skill have to be at a certain level to fish up monsters? Is pulling up a monster considered a failure?

I looked up the Devil Mantas in SSG and they don't seem to be a drop candidate for this (which would make sense since everyone would be camping them).

I've pulled crabs and such from boyahda tree while fishing near the ancient goobue spawn. Pretty sure fishing skill is required. Might want to ask Loser to try and pull a few for you or someone else who has high fishing skill. It's random to catch a monster while fishing. I know they're going to be upgrading fishing in the next patch and not sure what that'll do with pulling monsters. Hope this helps a little. :shades02:

W O W

Who made that???!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?????

I want one for my Tarutaru! That is possibly the BEST piece of FFXI art... I've... EVER... SEEN! It is now my wallpaper.

By the way Archain, from everything I've seen and read and researched, you need 0 fishing skill to catch monsters. In fact, it seems to be better that way, because you have less chance of reeling in fish, and thus your chances at a mob are better. However, due to this new fishing system, I'm not sure if this means your rod would break more often...

If you ever want some help, lemme know ^_^ A mage buddy is always good, yah? I also have Fishing @ 30, if that helps a little bit ~_^ {I want to make money.} and my options are limited.

I'll come along also, fishing is at 25 atm (thank you fishbot lol) but yeah gunna be off tommorrow and thursday and I'll be free both those days if you'd like to get some fishin done :bfg:
lol after thought... watch all 3 of us cast at the same time and all pull a manta of our own... hmm might wanna get a whm to come along :p prolly wont happen, just bored at work and rambling.

I have 60 bonecraft, and I really want to take it up all the way, just a matter of funds, Id love to be Ls's bonecrafter >.>

Back