Version Update Notification (07/23/2008)

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
PlayOnline said:
3468.jpg

The next FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update has been scheduled to take place in early September. The development team is currently hard at work to bring you the following, just to name a few items:

- The continuing episodes of nation quests for the Wings of the Goddess expansion.
- Major battle-related tweaks and additions.
- Adjustments to fellows and Campaign.

We will be posting more detailed information on the next version update right here on Topics as it becomes available, so stay tuned!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Based on the picture... could that possibly be a Dynamis change? (/point @ PUP)

and.. "Major battle-related tweaks".... hmm.

Major battle-related tweaks and additions.... I can't even imagine what they mean by that.

It does look good for TAU job AF2 though o.o maybe time to dust off BLU, hehe.

-benny

I want 10 BST to drop in Windy! :E
Also, I really hope they flesh out the Nyzul relics in this update and make me feel bad for getting Omega Ring.

-benny

Based on the picture... could that possibly be a Dynamis change? (/point @ PUP)
I can't think offhand of good changes that would make PUP worthwhile in Dynamis. In my experience, it was a ton of effort to assault the puppet on a mob, give it maneuvers constantly, engage the mob yourself, watch TP and do a WS, watch puppet health, etc. Result of all that effort? You do about as much damage as a random DD, assuming your puppet was alive all that time.

It's far too much work just to do what pretty much everyone else can do more easily. PUP can do better in other events. For Dynamis, it was just too taxing, at least for me.

I suspect they only have PUP in the picture because they want to encourage people to use it. :p

I can't think offhand of good changes that would make PUP worthwhile in Dynamis. In my experience, it was a ton of effort to assault the puppet on a mob, give it maneuvers constantly, engage the mob yourself, watch TP and do a WS, watch puppet health, etc. Result of all that effort? You do about as much damage as a random DD, assuming your puppet was alive all that time.

It's far too much work just to do what pretty much everyone else can do more easily. PUP can do better in other events. For Dynamis, it was just too taxing, at least for me.

I suspect they only have PUP in the picture because they want to encourage people to use it. :p

Sounds like you need a mega macro that assists, sics, and engages for you. You might get a swing or two in per mob.

Or, y'know, because the PUP is wearing what appears to be something similar to their AF, except in different colors... HMMMMMMM!

I swear to god, if they give us Meteor/Summons/new shiny spells when this update comes out....and I'm unable to play because I'll be in Japan.... Lexa dies.

Pfft, you could try, little man.

Back