Ultima's FFXI Chat: New Features Coming [Large Pics Inside]

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
Greetings:

I'm going to go ahead and share this since this has been a hot item requested by members of the LS. This is still being worked on and is not ready for release, but here's the information and some screen shots of the new application being worked on.

The next version of the FFXI Chat tool will be a user client that is provided to each user to use at their discretion. This is NOT required for the basic "Linkshell" chat. That will function just as it does today.

This next application will allow you to control your FFXI command line as if you were sitting at your keyboard. So you can use all chat modes and also view /says /shouts and Bazaar Messages.

The new section will be called "My FFXI" (currently it's labeled "My Tells") when the product is made available. You will be able to see all of the messages from your FFXI client on the web interface. Example: You are at work, your FFXI client is running with this new app, you can check to see if anyone bought something from your bazaar or sent you a /tell.

Requirements:

1. Valid, Working FFXI Account.
2. Windower 3.4 or better.
3. FFXI Chat Application
4. Valid working forum account.
5. Access to a web browser that works with the current web chat.

Note: This new app will be functional with any FFXI player on ANY server. Being an Ultima member is not required nor is being on the Valefor server. Any non-Ultima member will see the following tabs: Campaign, My FFXI & My Linkshell. (The My Linkshell tool will be explained a later date.)

Now for the juicy screen shots:

Startup!

NewFeature1.png

Running!

NewFeature2.png

In Your Taskbar: (Icon on the far left)

LSIcon.png

More to come later...

Last edited:
I was just thinking how sweet it would be to have a program available to alert me of incoming tells/trades/invites/etc, while having FFXI minimized or being on my laptop. Is it possible to include an optional audio/pop-up alert tag for some of this stuff?

I'll add it to the list to look at.

Here's the Wish List so far:

1) Add /lsmes info (polled at intervals) to regular Linkshell chat window. Not in the actual chat area, but in the space above or below. (haven't started this yet.)

2) Audio Alert for certain tasks that is user selectable.

I really don't think #2 will be a problem, I'll talk to Coice later and see what he thinks about adding it in. Coice has figured out some new stuff we'll try out... so look for updates later down the road.

wow, that sounds really freakin cool.... coice.. aang.. keep up the good work :)

I just wish I wasn't so paranoid to use it at work.. they block everything.. and I really don't want them to block ultimals.com.

and nek, do you use windower? there's a plug-in that does just what you asked.

Awesome thanks Aang. And Coice, I guess. :p

Fiko said:
and nek, do you use windower? there's a plug-in that does just what you asked.
NO I WOULD NEVER USE A THIRD PARTY TOOL FOR SHAME.

For the sake of argument, however: does it work even with FFXI minimized? I'd like something that doesn't produce in-game sound but rather something external.

Awesome thanks Aang. And Coice, I guess. :p

My FFXI was Coice's baby to start with... I had an idea about how enable /tells ... but his idea (what you see) was much, much better. Matter of fact I tried to guess how he was going to do it... Not even close... lol.

I needed to add one comment and I know Eticket missed this yesterday.... :p

This app is intended so that you can leave your FFXI client running and you can go anywhere else where you have access to a web browser and chat through your character in LS chat or other chat modes such as tell. You also see bazaar messages and other selected info that you can select on start up of the app.

The main idea is if you go to work and leave your FFXI running, you can watch your FFXI via the website from anywhere you have a browser and internet access.

So there. :)

For the sake of argument, however: does it work even with FFXI minimized? I'd like something that doesn't produce in-game sound but rather something external.

yeah it does.. I've only used it once or twice however, but as aang said, doesn't detect trades if that's an issue for you.

Fiko said:
yeah it does.. I've only used it once or twice however, but as aang said, doesn't detect trades if that's an issue for you.
I basically want something that will allow me to afk for the entire time I'm waiting for an event to start, alerting me to when I need to accept my party invite, to when I need to trade my gil/glass, to when someone sends a tell about entering. I figure this program will save me at least 4 hours a week I spend idling waiting for other people. :)

Back