Ultimals.com Downtime

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
My apologies to members of Ultima and members of DynamisX who visit here normally...

I don't have an answer as to why it just quit working, however logs show multiple (actually 2,000+) hits from China based IP addresses around the time it crawled to a stop.

Of course, I left Tokyo for a weekend vacation to the moutains of Shizuoka.... Couldnt do anything about it till I found a PC with internet.

Anyway, stuff is back online and we're blocking China IP's that were involved at the border routers.

China IP's constantly bang against servers all day long, but they were never sucessful in gaining access or bringing a system down... In this case, they crashed the server [it seems] but they did not gain access to anything here.
(there are other hosted apps on this server, not just Ultima....)

:arg:

Thanks,
Aa

Thanks AA--enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Thanks for the update, AA, and for all your work on the site. ^_^

Thanks for fixing everything, AA. Enjoy Shizuoka! It's my home town's sister-city so I've had the opportunity to visit it twice and it really is a beuatiful place to visit! ^^

That creeps me out, because some chinese fuck on some poor guys hacked account was shouting in whitegate yesterday over and over trying to get banned and examined me and sent me tells "sexual intercourse you grandma" and "ultimals later down" and other shit i didn't really pay attention to...lol. IF YOU SEE ME ON BETWEEN NOW AND SUNDAY IVE BEEN HACKED SINCE IM OUT OF TOWN HLEP.

Forums were down? interesting.

moutains of Shizuoka.... pictures please! ;)

faye, everytime i see your sig i chuckle irl, you are the man.

Forums were down? interesting.

moutains of Shizuoka.... pictures please! ;)

It is snowing here and in Tokyo right now and I did not bring my camera on this trip... just was going to get out of the concrete city to see some green and now white. I do have some good pictures of Mt. Fuji from a previous trip.

The forums/server were down at some point, I couldnt connect via web browser or get console access to the physical server in Washington DC. I sent a reboot request to the NOC Supervisor, then DNS was not coming back on line... took some time to get back to normal.

Here's a SS of the Failures sourced from the China IP's.... Big Picture (notice the speed of the attacks by the time stamps)

-Aa

Aang, can you do me a huge favor and go to north japan and take pictures of an Ainu village? If they exist, I dont know, but ya, get pictures of Ainu people.

P.S. I see you have Steam...We need to source it up some time.

Being inter-inept I have no idea if attacks of this nature are common on uncommon or to what on the server they were directed at or if they were directed at all.

Still.

Given how creative people can be when it comes to money, and particularly when it comes to making other peoples money thier own...

And given that the gilsellers are more and more turning to hacking accounts as a method of making up what thier losing from the bannings lately - to the point where it occured to them to plant shady ads on gamesites... it would probably be a fair assumption that they'll make endgame ls websites a target eventually. Given then incident a few months ago though this is probably the one ls that doesn't have to be reminded to be circumspect with their account info.

Back