Twilight Princess

Kenshinth

Uber War
Twilight Princess on wii > all

Never again i will doubt the zelda makers this is by far teh best zelda game yet

Twilight Princess on wii > all

Never again i will doubt the zelda makers this is by far teh best zelda game yet

How can you doubt Zelda? :confused:

Hell yah ken....So far its pretty damn good! :D :D

Went over my friends house tonight to play games on the Wii... I can't wait to go buy one... Nintendo has made such a great system. I love the interactions you have with the games.

yeah makes me wish i had the money to get one.. i will at some point though, probably early next year.

best thing is that it doesnt cost freakin $600.

hay if anyone knows...after you beat the forest temple, can i go back to look for a heart piece i missed? need monkeys in the second room to get to the other parts of the temple, and the selfish bastards ain't around...

my best guess is i need to move on and get this game's equivalent of the hookshot >_>

xer needs monkeys, lolz

hay if anyone knows...after you beat the forest temple, can i go back to look for a heart piece i missed? need monkeys in the second room to get to the other parts of the temple, and the selfish bastards ain't around...

my best guess is i need to move on and get this game's equivalent of the hookshot >_>

Yes u can go back and its called clawshot now lol

How's the controller? I know everyone says it's flawless and smooth, but I can't help but think it would just get annoying. Is there an option if you just want to press a button? lol.

How's the controller? I know everyone says it's flawless and smooth, but I can't help but think it would just get annoying. Is there an option if you just want to press a button? lol.

Depends on the game really. It seems most games are really pushing motion sensory right now. It's pretty satisfying tossing a frisbee or throwing a dart in Monkey Ball though.

Bam i beat the game. Much longer then any other zelda

I've tried all three of the "types" of games that came out for the system, the "types" are really just tags i place on them, and most games that come out for the system will fit into one of them.

type 1: game was totally designed with the motion sensing capabilities in mind - I bought red steel. This is a pretty standard, fast-paced FPS. It has a very steep learning curve, you need to play for an hour to get the hang of it. I didn't really get into it til my 3rd day or so with the system, but once you get used to it, it is an absolute blast. FPS controls on a console have been shunned by the PC crowd, with good reason, and i think with some seasoning, this type of control will become the ideal outside of keyboard/mouse.

type 2: games designed that use the controls as an alternative to standard controls - Zelda is this type IMO. really you just swing either of the controller pieces to control the sword, and the pointer functionality to aim projectiles. clearly this could be done on another system by simply mapping the same actions to a button, some games will add immersion with this, and some will feel tacked on and gimmicky.

type 3: ports - I got dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 2, this is a straight port of the recent PS2 game, and the controls with the remote feel random, and very rarely necessary. thankfully, they allow you to use a standard controller with this if you want, and it works better, being that the game was designed with that in mind.

in conclusion, how the controls feel mostly depend on the game. I think it is very important to note that these are all launch titles, and on top of that are using technology which hasn't been market tested. that in mind, i think the second and third waves of Wii games, and those thereafter, will use the remote in more ways, just as standard systems use their processors more efficiently, etc

I've tried all three of the "types" of games that came out for the system, the "types" are really just tags i place on them, and most games that come out for the system will fit into one of them.

type 1: game was totally designed with the motion sensing capabilities in mind - I bought red steel. This is a pretty standard, fast-paced FPS. It has a very steep learning curve, you need to play for an hour to get the hang of it. I didn't really get into it til my 3rd day or so with the system, but once you get used to it, it is an absolute blast. FPS controls on a console have been shunned by the PC crowd, with good reason, and i think with some seasoning, this type of control will become the ideal outside of keyboard/mouse.

type 2: games designed that use the controls as an alternative to standard controls - Zelda is this type IMO. really you just swing either of the controller pieces to control the sword, and the pointer functionality to aim projectiles. clearly this could be done on another system by simply mapping the same actions to a button, some games will add immersion with this, and some will feel tacked on and gimmicky.

type 3: ports - I got dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 2, this is a straight port of the recent PS2 game, and the controls with the remote feel random, and very rarely necessary. thankfully, they allow you to use a standard controller with this if you want, and it works better, being that the game was designed with that in mind.

in conclusion, how the controls feel mostly depend on the game. I think it is very important to note that these are all launch titles, and on top of that are using technology which hasn't been market tested. that in mind, i think the second and third waves of Wii games, and those thereafter, will use the remote in more ways, just as standard systems use their processors more efficiently, etc

yep but i think every penny i spent on the wii was worth it

agreed, 100%

only problem i have with it is....i have 4 games and nowhere near enough time to play them all as much as i want to, can never decide between playing red steel or zelda..i'm not even through goron mines yet :(

Back