Tips From A Casual Who Got The Lvl 60 Blu Achieve On Siegfried

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I'm a pretty casual player and finally got the achieve last night after about 2 solid hours of attempts. I'm writing this because not all of us are Savage level players and every little bit helps. Here are my thoughts/tips.

1) Setup: I used Abyssal Transfixion and Sharpened Knife for my physicals. Sonic Boom, Reflux (cast only once in P2), and Water Cannon (cast only once in P2), Flamethrower for P3 add. Bristle and Song of Torment to start fights.

Aetheric Mimicry: Use DPS stance. I've seen people want to use healer for safety and that's great on your first time while learning, but for the achieve you need to not be hit and you shouldn't need heals because of that. You're also up against a time limit so DPS stance helps with that. I've actually had Sieg almost dead in P3 (10%) before the 3rd add showed up on more than one attempt due to lucky crits.

For my Primal Spells I used: Eruption for fire and killing P3 add quicker, landslide due to it being physical and I can use it on P1 and P3 when he has the magic immunity (it also covers the Blunt requirement), Shivas Bow for Ice requirement and P3 add, Surpanakha for good dps when he's not immune to magic (when he binds you remove it and use this then) and J-Kick again because it's physical and can be used when Sieg is immune to magic.

2) You're going to die. A lot. There are going to be times where you're sure you were out of AoE X and you get hit. Especially in Phases 2 and 3 trying to figure out the Ice mechanic. There will be times where Sieg likes to put an eruption or tri-slash RIGHT where you need to be and you won't be able to see where you need to go or can't go where you need to go. Chalk it up to bad RNG and try again.

3) Surviving P3 is all about killing that second add asap. When he jumps to center, that is when you Bristle and prep your next spell, cast it, followed by a swiftcast recast. You want that add to die in about 3-5 seconds if possible because the fight is INFINITELY easier when the add isn't there.

The first Add is ICE which 2 Ram's Voice and Shiva's Bow handles.

The second Add is WIND which 2-3 Sonic Boom should be able to handle. 4 if you don't get any crits

The Third Add is FIRE which 2 Flamethrowers and an Eruption can handle. Fire Agnon does NOT work for this. It's fire based but also physical.

4) You can bristle and sprint before you join the Duty to give yourself an extra edge. Every fight should cast Bristle while the EVENT COMPLETE is up to prep for the next round so you don't waste a GCD doing that. I'd recommend using Shivas bow at the start of P1 and not at all in P2. That makes it reliably up for the first P3 add.

After a lot of practice I got Phase 1 down to a minute almost exactly.

Phase 2 took about the same. Song of Torment and immediately J-Kick gets you right next to him while he's casting his Tri attack so you can get some easy hits in. This is a good time to cast Reflux and Water Cannon for your lightning and water elemental portion of the achieve. For his Swiftsteel attack you want to be right next to him so you can move accordingly.

Phase 3 is relatively easy with the adds dead just remember that magic immunity is often up so don't be dumb like I did and use Sonic boom while he's casting that tri-attack. I had to reset many rounds due to that ><.

submitted by /u/maglen69
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back