Tiamat + Sneak Attack + WS

Archain

Kitteh Paws
I'm trying to make a case for having people utilize sneak attack with their weaponskills.

post-14-1124244334.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately, too many people afraid of flail ^^ However, I have constantly heard that Tiamat is very flail-resistant, and there are many ways to avoid it (I have seen hate stapled on WAR/NIN's and PLD/NIN's vs. Tiamat like never before) I also think we should utilize this.

Can't hurt to try, I can say that Tiamat was ALL OVER the damn place today and didn't flail.

Maybe try the following:

Tiamat lands, 2 hrs, PLD/NIN cover until Mighty Strikes is over.

PLD/NIN swing around behind and crawl up Tiamat's rear. First TP person SATA unload onto PLD/NIN from the rear. Presumably Tiamat turns, closing SC person SATA unload onto PLD/WAR. We could greatly increase the dmg, I dunno if that will cause a flail, but we can certainly try it. If it works that'd be substantially increased damage over time.

We should save Pld 2 hours until the end of the fight in my opinion.

At <5% health he was raking into us for about 400-500 damage on a regular attack, 800+ crits. None of us had 2 hours left because we had used them earlier when coming into the fight to replace a downed Pld to establish our hate.

My suggestion. When a Pld goes down, Sleep Tiamat. This will give the incoming Pld time to lay down all their JA and get a few extra provokes and flashes in. But save invincinble until he is low health and use it to last our against his higher damage output here, when they die, new Pld with invincible, etc, etc.

If we're on the idea of odd subjobs for this fight why not Nin/Pld for cover? If it worked so well having a Pld/Nin cover during mighty strikes a Nin/Pld could cover as effectively but with more shadows as well as be SATA bait.

Just food for thought.

Back