This isn't really a rant buuutt...

Yaeko

Princess Zelda
What the crap are display drivers? I'm thinking thats what makes the internet browser not be so choppy anymore right? Is there a way to tell which one you need? Because on the Dell website there are like 20 different ones listed for my specific computer. @.@

:D Oh, and my computer is fixed now. :D

do this.
Click on start > right click on My Computer > click properties > click the hardware tab > click Device Manager > click the + sign next to Display Drivers > post on here what device is listed. Then I'll tell you what display drivers you should be using.

I'm guessing its a bad thing if there isnt a +Display Drivers listed? >.>?

o_O
what model dell do you have? There should be a sticker on the back of your dell computer with a 5 or 7 digit alphanumeric code and a small barcode on it. You can use that to ID your computer on Dell's support site. Also, you can power it down and just open up your computer and look at the card the monitor is attached to.

Oh, I have a Dell Inspiron 9300, only the problem is, I found out by talking to technical support at Dell, there was a way to fix my computer without wiping it, and I thought it had come with a CD with drivers....and wiped it. ;-; woops... I've gone to the Dell website to look at the drivers, but there are 20 different display drivers to choose from, and I have a laptop and it doesn't like to open for me(aka, I don't know how. :blue-cry:)

awww... I read like three lines... yaeko you're so cute

=^.^=

hehe ^^; I figured out I just forgot to reinstall my video card drivers.... >.>;;;;;;;;;;

Is there a sticker anywhere on your computer that says ATI or Nvidia?
ATI Drivers and Bios: IF you have ATI, install the drivers first, then the bios - http://support.dell.com/support/dow...IRON 9300&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=7459&libid=6
Nvidia Drivers: IF you have Nvidia - http://support.dell.com/support/dow...=1&vercnt=5&formatcnt=1&libid=6&fileid=162382

It would help alot if you could get that Dell service tag for me, it should be on the back of your desktop case or the bottom of your laptop, whichever it is. Then only the exact drivers you need would be displayed.

not necessarily though, i have typed in my service tag before, and all 20 drivers still showed. =/ I do know i have the nVidia GeForce Go 6800, and I installed it yesterday, and the browser worked and I noticed that my Playonline looked a lot less choppy.

If it works for you though, please let me know, I dont know if a display driver is really important or not. >.>;;

the display drivers are for monitors, you don't need those at all.
it's the video card drivers that let you use all the benefits of the graphics chip inside your computer

ohhhh, i feel really stupid now. =P thanks for all your help. =)

Back