The Seat Of Sacrifice

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hi everyone

I'm a new player playing a white mage that has had a good time so far but I feel I hit a hard wall at the end of 5.3. I have done all dungeons including the not so popular Hero's Gauntlet (first run was a bit painful) plus all the Alexander and *scape raids on normal difficulty, however the trial against Elidibus has me in shambles even though I checked the fight before attempting it. In my runs, after waiting 10 minutes on the duty finder (if lucky), there were roughly 3 new players on each run including myself and we tried for ~90 minutes with basically the same outcome during the phase after the limit break: people (myself included) start dying with the boss at 60-50%. Even with numbers on the floor and on the healers (one is me, of course), as soon as the spread-hug-divide-run kicks in, the fight becomes complete chaos and staying alive is a struggle (leave alone healing anyone).

The thing is, after a considerable amount of tries the veteran players call it a day (which is reasonable) but rather than feeling meh and queuing again I feel nervous and relieved that the nightmare is over and logout.

At this point I'm not sure about what to do, have I leveled up 'too fast'? am I supposed to have the experience from old content at higher difficulty? would a dps class make thing much easier?.

Continue reading...

Back