The joy of wonderful financial timing

Eticket

Pointy Stick
FC/Active Member
So I've been putting money aside for a PS3. Well today I put an order in on one. I got a good deal on one without a hard drive and bought a decent sata notebook drive at fry's. Altogether I probably saved $100-150 (provided it all works). This also allowed me to put aside the extra money I'll have after next week towards a new tv.

..or so I thought. Within the last hour I found out that my front tires and brakes all need to be replaced. That pretty much kills the money I'm getting from my extra hours this week and next.

that sucks man ; ;

-ara

So I've been putting money aside for a PS3. Well today I put an order in on one. I got a good deal on one without a hard drive and bought a decent sata notebook drive at fry's. Altogether I probably saved $100-150 (provided it all works). This also allowed me to put aside the extra money I'll have after next week towards a new tv.

..or so I thought. Within the last hour I found out that my front tires and brakes all need to be replaced. That pretty much kills the money I'm getting from my extra hours this week and next.

i know the feeling ;;

my car has been a living nightmare within the past year..

I sowwy. :( If it's any consolation, my car Elton's left sidemirror has been hanging down alongside the car for a year now, and I recently had to get a TON of work done to the word I keep forgetting in English but we call "understellet" in Norwegian. It's his underside that controls the wheels and makes them turn precisely at the same time and angle... blergh brainfart!

Also, don't ask why I have a car when I can't drive, it's a long and painful story involving lack of SSN and a retarded immigration/student visa policy.

That's the joy of wonderful car timing...

They seem to know when you're about to spend on some other mechanical device, and break down in jealousy. Like after I had just had $600 worth of work done on my car (really should have been $1400 worth of work, but yay Jere getting school discount. $15/hr labor weee!) Jere's car decided NOW was the time it needed a new catalytic converter. Yup... those are cheap either.

Cars, the other jealous gf.

Shits happened to me before too, that's just how life works. That's why it's always good to have emergency money set aside (not that you don't), but i've had friends just spend most of their money every month and then when their car fucking explodes they have no money to fix it so theyre screwed for a few months.

PS3 isn't worth the money anyway!

On the bride side, you were financially responsible in trying to save the money (even if its only $50 or whatever) by buying without a HDD and getting your own... so now you have that extra money to cover that cost :)

Back