The Great Pyramid Of Ux'ner Is Quality Content

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I'm not sure but I couldn't find anything which describes that one Solo duty.
I'll be probably in the minority here but I believe we reached a status were the solo duties (even as short as they are) surpassed the normal 4-men dungeons in the game.

Why you think? I look like in solo duties the developers are far more willing to experiment with several concepts, looking at the first fight against ran'jit were one initmidating powerful foe is breaking you slowly and the fight turns into some sort of survival trial. (I have to notice that I usually turn off the enhanced HP regeneration for extra challenge)

I lately finished the forest of rak'tika and the latest solo duty was really something I wouldn't expect. They were creating an Indiana Jones like mini-Dungeon with several traps and minor puzzles, it truly felt like an single-player game at this moment. Sure it was short and not really challenging but I was pleasently satisfied to see that the devs still are willing to shake things up sometimes. As for that I would look forward if they would implement more such mini dungeons for solo trials in the future, of course they don't need to be all puzzle and such stuff and can also include fighting.

As for normal 4-men dungeon I think these ones lack most in the game, they are neither challenging nor intereseting. I mean sure they have different boss fights, but everything between it is just time stretching. At this point I wouldn't mind if it just would be 3 different boss fights in a row.
Since these ones were chosen for roulette I guess they won't change much for it anymore.

submitted by /u/Klunky2
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back