The Future of UltimaLS.com

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
Everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that UltimaLS.com will continue.

After speaking with Manikalas about this, I will continue to support the operational aspect of the site and he will take over 'people' management. I'll still be visible, but I won't be doing the day-to-day tasks as I once was.

I'm waiting on a few more specific items to be worked out but the site will be reorganized and relaunched after July 31, 2009.

The same content will be here but reorganized. Some content will be consolidated and some other content will be added. As Ultima is a family, many of our current and past members visit here whether or not they play FFXI. Thus there will be some more 'common' area that isn't directly FFXI related.

User accounts will not be touched but access groups will be changed and updated to reflect the new layout. 90% of the new site will be accessible by everyone while the other 10% will be specific to Ultima members only.

Everything else will function as it does today after the transition. Uwc may see a return, we'll see about that later on.

Manikalas will be hand-picking the sacks. Sassafras will remain the lead moderator. Heie and Yels will remain the primary mods for the Dynamis parts of the site. (Unless I hear otherwise from them.)

If you have any questions, please post them here and we'll get those questions answered.

Otherwise, we'll see you on the other side. :cool:

Regards,
AA

PS: The site will close on 7/31/09 and reopen on 8/1/09, so don't panic. ;)
PSS: New user registration will reopen on 8/1/09.

Will we still be able to contribute to the site via paypal?

Hey Aang, Furax here. I wanted to thank you for the commitment both monetarily and in time that you made to maintain this forum for the many years it's been running; as well as express how confounded I am that you devoted these resources to it for this long. Hope everything else is going well for you, and I better see your ass in FF14!

Awesome news :D, and many thanks!

Are the ventrilo servers still going to be up though? Soon our L4D group will be getting back together! (as soon as Soj. gets a halfway decent cpu anyway...)

Back