The Future of DvsParse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

FC/Active Member
As you may have noticed, I don't have a lot of time to work on DvsParse anymore. I started working on some new features a few month ago that were supposed to culminate in a version 2.0, but due to a new job and general business with RL and other things, there's a bunch of cool new functionality sitting around not being released.

So... I've decided to go open source. I submitted an application to SourceForge to host DvsParse, and it was approved this afternoon.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvsparse

Effective immediately, I will begin migrating my project to this page. I'm not sure how long it will take, I need to learn my way around SourceForge administration and everything.

The way the open source thing works is that anyone can download the source code and modify it for their own needs, but not anyone can actually contribute to the development of DvsParse. For that you need to be an actual "DvsParse developer". I am currently looking for about 5-10 people that are interested in being DvsParse developers.

Requirements:
  • You must know C# and have access to Visual Studio 2005. The Express Edition (free) might work, I'm not sure since I have some database code in there.
  • You must be good. I'm not interested in bringing new programmers or people who don't know what they're doing on. However, if you are a new programmer, feel free to modify the source code on your own and then show me what you've done. If I'm impressed, maybe I'll consider you. If you're just a pro in general, but are fairly new to C#, that's fine. I didn't know C# either when I started this.
  • It would be great if you are familiar with windows internals and feel comfortable digging around in a process's memory looking for things. One of the things that will need to be done after major updates is finding/fixing memlocs for the chat log.
  • You should already have in mind specific features that you'd like to see in DvsParse, or bugs that you'd like to fix. I have a list of my own which I'll submit.
  • Prior experience with CVS would be nice, although it's not a requirement. Supposedly SourceForge can handle the nitty gritty details of CVS for you, and just present a nice Graphical Interface.
Send me a PM if you're interested, and explain what you can bring to the table.

Thanks

Is there going to be a "hotfix" for this, the update tuesday seems to have broke it.

Yea, when I can get around to it. I'm trying to get set up with sourceforge, that is occupying some of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back