Temple of Qarn fun~

Valgavv

'Former - Master Thief'
FC/Active Member
Just thought I'd post some info about this lvl 35 Dungeon. Things I've learn doing this for the first time. This is just boss info and not a full walk through.

1. First boss is a Minotaur type monster. It's pretty easy if you know the mechanics.
    • Things to watch for:
      • Frontal and AoE attacks
      • When bees spawn, they must be burned down or they will use final sting, and that will 1 shot you.
    • At about 75%-50% health the boss will start to cast Doom. You can't avoid this AoE cast as it's a HUGE ass circle. There are however 3 tiles on the floor that can dispel the cast. You have to run to the lit tile in order to remove doom. ALL PARTY MEMBERS MUST DO THIS. If you don't, you'll die.
  2. Second boss is a Golem with a Soul stone. Pretty straight forward fight.
    • Things to watch for:
      • Frontal and AoE attacks
      • At about 75%-50% the Golem start to do an unavoidable stomp that deals a crap ton of damage to all party members
      • Also hate can be all over the place, so mages/dps beware
    • The most important about this fight is, killing the soul stone renders the Golem defenseless for a short period of time. Use this time to heal party member to full if he's doing the aoe stomp, and dps zerg him down. The soul stone does come back and allows the Golem to attack again. Rinse and repeat
  3. Third boss kind of sucks (I've gotten close to defeating this guy, but its hard)
    • Things to watch for:
      • Frontal and Frontal and AoE attacks
      • Totems that cast laser beams that will deal a lot of damage (Fairly weak can be burned down easily)
      • Totems that cast a contaminated square on the floor and then casts an unavoidable AoE atks that deals high damage (Strong and takes some good dps to kill these things)
      • Stone heads that do frontal atks (Really weak and can be solo'd).
    • As I still haven't cleared this boss yet, I can only tell you what I've learned.
      • At the start of the battle you can zerg, there will be 3 tiles on the floor, lit up. When the stone heads start to appear, kill these stone heads on the tiles.
        • I was told that 3 spawn and if you kill all 3 at the same time on the tiles something good happens.. I don't know as these stone heads don't pop at the same time. They come one after another.
      • On our first try, we killed the stones as they came on the tiles, and it seems to delay the spawning of the totems that cast the laser beams.
    • The totems that casts the beams can be zerged down quickly and I think they spawn 1 at a time (at least the first time they did).
    • After those totems are defeated, the totems that spawn the square corrosion field on the ground will spawn. Our party wasn't able to burn these down before they set off their AoE attacks. They are pretty tough.
    • After a few rounds of eating damage, the laser totems came back but in mass. Maybe 2 to 4 of them at a time. They can focus their attacks on 1 person, if that person eats all 3 beams, there's no surviving.
Our party only had time for 2 tries, and on the second try, we didn't kill the stone heads quickly, and the laser totems appeared a lot earlier than the first in mass once again. 2-4 of them. As for the boss, it's nothing to be feared, if it wasn't for all the other things you have to watch for, it would be an easy fight. I believe there are more bosses after this, but we ran out of time. I'm going to try this dungeon again tomorrow with some experience this time to see how I fair. It's a fun dungeon.

I beat it yesterday. The first boss is probably the hardest one because of the bee's. The giant stone boss with the lasers is the last one and isn't TOO terrible. If anyone needs a tank, I can help out :) it was a lot of fun. I'm really liking the instances in the game.

Back